Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Am I being taken advantage of? Watch

So long story short, I dated this guy for around 8 months. A week into our relationship I found out the week before he had been talking to some girl in the year below, asking to meet her and he made a new snapchat just so I wouldn't see he'd been talking to her. He denied this all to me at first but he eventually told me. I stayed with this guy and then around Jan/Feb he decided he didn't want to be with me anymore, no proper reason either. Anyway after breaking up with me he would always text and snapchat me and ask to meet. So the week after he broke up with me we met up and he said he'd made a huge mistake so we got back together. However, in the feb half term he went on a trip with a load of people (including the girl he had previously text). He came back and everything was normal. Then in early march I saw a girl texting him in the year below a different girl to the last, but she too was someone that has been on the trip with him, and this time I told him there and then that I wasn't happy with it and told him to stop. I then went away on a trip for 2 weeks and before this trip he told me he was loosing the spark with us, so I tried my hardest before going away to get that spark back. However the day I got back from my trip, he broke up with me. All of my friends say I can do so much better and none of them really like him anymore.

Now a month later he has text me a few times and the other day was saying how he misses me and wants to see me again and be with me.

What should I do!? Am I being taken advantage of here?

ReputationRep:
    This guy is obviously not serious about you. Forget him and move on. You'll find a better partner than this. Ignore him, and don't worry - things will get better when you find that he is not worth your time. A guy that does that, then has breaks and stuff - he's deluded. Don't get trapped into this self obsession thing with him. You're lucky you have good friends - they are giving sensible advice. Forget him, you'll get a better partner. You deserve better and you will get better.

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you really are being taken advantage of. He clearly only wants you when it suits him. He's being selfish not considering your feelings either. You can do so much better. You deserve to be treated with respect and love and he's not doing that.
    I would advise you not to go back out with him again

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by The Marshall)
    This guy is obviously not serious about you. Forget him and move on. You'll find a better partner than this. Ignore him, and don't worry - things will get better when you find that he is not worth your time. A guy that does that, then has breaks and stuff - he's deluded. Don't get trapped into this self obsession thing with him. You're lucky you have good friends - they are giving sensible advice. Forget him, you'll get a better partner. You deserve better and you will get better.

All the best!
    great thank you! i will take what you said on board!

(Original post by nefelibata_xo)
    Yes, you really are being taken advantage of. He clearly only wants you when it suits him. He's being selfish not considering your feelings either. You can do so much better. You deserve to be treated with respect and love and he's not doing that.
    I would advise you not to go back out with him again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you! its helps to hear other people's opinions, especially when they are similar to what my friends have also said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    great thank you! i will take what you said on board!
    No problem, and just enjoy life for now - you'll find a better one sooner or later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So long story short, I dated this guy for around 8 months. A week into our relationship I found out the week before he had been talking to some girl in the year below, asking to meet her and he made a new snapchat just so I wouldn't see he'd been talking to her. He denied this all to me at first but he eventually told me. I stayed with this guy and then around Jan/Feb he decided he didn't want to be with me anymore, no proper reason either. Anyway after breaking up with me he would always text and snapchat me and ask to meet. So the week after he broke up with me we met up and he said he'd made a huge mistake so we got back together. However, in the feb half term he went on a trip with a load of people (including the girl he had previously text). He came back and everything was normal. Then in early march I saw a girl texting him in the year below a different girl to the last, but she too was someone that has been on the trip with him, and this time I told him there and then that I wasn't happy with it and told him to stop. I then went away on a trip for 2 weeks and before this trip he told me he was loosing the spark with us, so I tried my hardest before going away to get that spark back. However the day I got back from my trip, he broke up with me. All of my friends say I can do so much better and none of them really like him anymore.

Now a month later he has text me a few times and the other day was saying how he misses me and wants to see me again and be with me.

What should I do!? Am I being taken advantage of here?
    Forget about him!! I'm sure there are so many better guys around you. He is obviously not worth it! Be strong and tell him to get lost.

ReputationRep:
    You deserve better, it seems he only wants you now and again, or when he gets bored, along with other girls. Ignore him and move on.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 13, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.