Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

engineering prospects in australia+racism Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I am Anushka, and I am currently residing in India. I have applied to various universities in Australia (ANU, UNSW, university of sydney, monash university,..). I am confused as to which university is the best for engineering.
    Plus I am quite apprehensive about the fact that racism against Indians is/was high. Is it still the same? Will I have problems settling in?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Not as bad as Dubai. A colleague (British Indian) went out there to do some contracting work but they refused to work with him so he had to be moved by my company.

ReputationRep:
    Oh. But its still quite prevalent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    Not as bad as Dubai. A colleague (British Indian) went out there to do some contracting work but they refused to work with him so he had to be moved by my company.
    Wow really? Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Wow really? Why?
    because Indians are viewed there as only suitable for menial work, not high-cost IT projects.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.