Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyG1)
    No I think doing positive and negatives of both is wise as it contrasting the impacts not the countries. At the end I had time so I stuck in a similarity.. Do you think they will credit that? they do sometimes have those sort of odd requirements for level 4 (13-15)
    I agree, I did the same. Stuck in one or two similarities as level 4 will ask you to do something level 3 does not do!

ReputationRep:
    I did question 9 global grouping but I was rushing and accidently put Estonia was an OPEC, how much do you think they'd mark me down for that? I had 4 paragraphs with point, evidence and explain so it was a decent answer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DannyG1)
    No I think doing positive and negatives of both is wise as it contrasting the impacts not the countries. At the end I had time so I stuck in a similarity.. Do you think they will credit that? they do sometimes have those sort of odd requirements for level 4 (13-15)
    Yeah it's always worth throwing in something extra if you have time haha, I'm pretty sure that would be a marking point

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember what the questions were all on roughly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fayeelizabeth)
    I did question 9 global grouping but I was rushing and accidently put Estonia was an OPEC, how much do you think they'd mark me down for that? I had 4 paragraphs with point, evidence and explain so it was a decent answer...
    I think that should be fine, its a tiny mistake in a lenghty essay and under time pressure so they will understand. I did the same essay, what did you write for each of your paragraphs?

I completely forgot about OECD (and post USSR states) - I mentioned the groups which are willingly grouped together (EU / UN / NATO / G8 / NAFTA / OPEC) and then a small amount on those which are forcebly bundled together (essentially LDCs / MDCs).

However, I did only write about 2/3 or 3/4 page typed at max because I was in a massive rush...

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sxxxxt)
    Exactly what I thought!
    it did say without Agriculture :/

ReputationRep:
    For question 10a)

I wrote about: colonies where Indians came over to become assets to the NHS and Pakistanis came over to work in textile mills. I said this was made easier due to a shared language which also encouraged more to come over. This was in 2001, the groups have increased since 2001 because as many of these people retire, they are inviting their extended family over on a dependancy basis which means more people are coming into the UK from India and Pakistan. I then said NI had seen a decrease because reduced political unrest means people wanted to go back and resume their lives, as well as return to their immediate family (can someone tell me if this is valid? I could think of no other reasons, but it seemed almost impossible to ignore as it was the only one that had decreased) I then went on to say US had seen an increase due to elite unis such as Oxford and Cambridge. The shared cultures and languages made integration easier encouraging more and more people. How many marks do you think this would be out of 10?

Question 10b)

I wrote about: Poland to UK. Impacted the UK as helped their economy. 80% of those who came in 2004 were 34 or younger meaning they would be of a working age and have kids to deal with ageing population. I contrasted this with Spain who would have an influx of older people who seek retirement there. This will affect the demographic model. Many Polish people will however send much of their money home with around 2.6 bn sent home in 2006 compared to Spain where the ageing population will spend their grey £ there boosting the economy. I had a few more minor points. I then ended with the UK having many political issues such as the rise of parties such as UKIP who want an EU referendum due to the migration. This is the same in Spain, where many locals accuse British people of not intergating into the society and culture ect. (added a similiarty before contrasting this again) However, there are many positives from the Polish migration on the UK such as Catholic Church attendance increasing and an increased number of Polish shops in the Midlands as well as hybrid food and cultures. How many marks would this get?

I feel like I have screwed up in the short answers. Grade very much depends on the essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhcat69)
    it did say without Agriculture :/
    I don't even remember reading it. I wrote about malaria but I have this strange feeling, I wrote about the Sahel region and employment which is marks lost. Oh well, I don't deserve to gain the marks if I couldnt read the question properly. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p.formanko)
    I think that should be fine, its a tiny mistake in a lenghty essay and under time pressure so they will understand. I did the same essay, what did you write for each of your paragraphs?

I completely forgot about OECD (and post USSR states) - I mentioned the groups which are willingly grouped together (EU / UN / NATO / G8 / NAFTA / OPEC) and then a small amount on those which are forcebly bundled together (essentially LDCs / MDCs).

However, I did only write about 2/3 or 3/4 page typed at max because I was in a massive rush...

Thoughts?
    Sounds like you did a lot more than me tbh!
    I started with OPEC and explained them, then did NICS and the Asian Tigers, then MEDCs and talked about global hubs, and finally LEDCs and said these tend to be distributed roughly in hazard prone areas so cycle of poverty and I didn't do OECD because I simply didn't have time but I'm hoping because I did point evidence and explain I'll get at least 9 marks maybe more for some terminology...
    For the figure did you talk about Iceland and Estonia being in the EU so there trade was high? but I took a gamble and said Estonia was likely to be a country with uneven distributed wealth which is why their communication(the mobile one can't remember exactly) was low compared to Iceland...
    I rushed it so badly like time went really fast towards the end of the exam Idek but literally no one else in my school did this question...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by endsp1el)
    Oh my god for 7a I wrote all about the risk equation and stuff:confused: There was me previously thinking I did ok, haha
    Nah, don't worry I also wrote about the risk equation just forgot that I had

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fayeelizabeth)
    Sounds like you did a lot more than me tbh!
    I started with OPEC and explained them, then did NICS and the Asian Tigers, then MEDCs and talked about global hubs, and finally LEDCs and said these tend to be distributed roughly in hazard prone areas so cycle of poverty and I didn't do OECD because I simply didn't have time but I'm hoping because I did point evidence and explain I'll get at least 9 marks maybe more for some terminology...
    For the figure did you talk about Iceland and Estonia being in the EU so there trade was high? but I took a gamble and said Estonia was likely to be a country with uneven distributed wealth which is why their communication(the mobile one can't remember exactly) was low compared to Iceland...
    I rushed it so badly like time went really fast towards the end of the exam Idek but literally no one else in my school did this question...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds quite detailed, I'm sure you'll get plenty of marks for that - it seems that if we put our two answers together we would have a perfect model answer! I didn't mention hazard prone areas purely because it was a human geography question - I was typing so fast and I did both essays in 20 minutes altogether so I'm really curious as to how we did.

Tbh, the figure overwhelmed me so much - there was so much information to digest! I didn't mention the two being in the EU - I didn't know 'interconnectedness' was even a word! I mentioned China's precious metal / coal reserves and coastline ports (Shanghai / Hong Kong) mean that it can export to neighbours all around Australasia and how its relatively low internet per person was because of censorship. I then talked about Rwanda saying how there were very few people who could afford the hardware for computers as well as the installation costs for the internet provider, and so interconnectedness was low. I think I made one more point to do with Iceland or another country but I cannot remember :/

ReputationRep:
    For question 10a)

I wrote about: colonies where Indians came over to become assets to the NHS and Pakistanis came over to work in textile mills. I said this was made easier due to a shared language which also encouraged more to come over. This was in 2001, the groups have increased since 2001 because as many of these people retire, they are inviting their extended family over on a dependancy basis which means more people are coming into the UK from India and Pakistan. I then said NI had seen a decrease because reduced political unrest means people wanted to go back and resume their lives, as well as return to their immediate family (can someone tell me if this is valid? I could think of no other reasons, but it seemed almost impossible to ignore as it was the only one that had decreased) I then went on to say US had seen an increase due to elite unis such as Oxford and Cambridge. The shared cultures and languages made integration easier encouraging more and more people. How many marks do you think this would be out of 10?

Question 10b)

I wrote about: Poland to UK. Impacted the UK as helped their economy. 80% of those who came in 2004 were 34 or younger meaning they would be of a working age and have kids to deal with ageing population. I contrasted this with Spain who would have an influx of older people who seek retirement there. This will affect the demographic model. Many Polish people will however send much of their money home with around 2.6 bn sent home in 2006 compared to Spain where the ageing population will spend their grey £ there boosting the economy. I had a few more minor points. I then ended with the UK having many political issues such as the rise of parties such as UKIP who want an EU referendum due to the migration. This is the same in Spain, where many locals accuse British people of not intergating into the society and culture ect. (added a similiarty before contrasting this again) However, there are many positives from the Polish migration on the UK such as Catholic Church attendance increasing and an increased number of Polish shops in the Midlands as well as hybrid food and cultures. How many marks would this get?

I feel like I have screwed up in the short answers. Grade very much depends on the essays.
    Omg I wrote about ROI and Poland because I though you had to use a country from the source. I'm so scared I messed up. I didn't use the Spain case study and everyone else did.

I'm so scared and worried. I hope it went well. Have to make sure that my unit 2 is amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fananna)
    Omg I wrote about ROI and Poland because I though you had to use a country from the source. I'm so scared I messed up. I didn't use the Spain case study and everyone else did.

I'm so scared and worried. I hope it went well. Have to make sure that my unit 2 is amazing
    You had to use the source for A but not for B. Although, my teacher said, you can use the resouce for B if you wish even if it is not a requirement.

ReputationRep:
    You had to use the source for A but not for B. Although, my teacher said, you can use the resouce for B if you wish even if it is not a requirement.
    Ohhhh. Ok. Thanks

So long as my answer is right. Hopefully. And the grade boundaries no too high :/

ReputationRep:
    i said that there were more immigrants around 20-25 who would be having children

ReputationRep:
    did 8 as well talked abou deforstation growt of tnc sand rapid populatiion growth

ReputationRep:
    Question 7 was ez pz
    I want a pass if I get a miraculous A ill take it next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fananna)

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-20821292

why the ROI population in the UK has fallen

ReputationRep:
    I found that exam so difficult, It's worrying that everyone else seems to have found it alright.

Hopefully the grade boundaries will be low, need an A! :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Definitely was one of the more easier papers!!! Even though I think myn15 marker for 7b could have gone better (I will get like a 10/11 out of 15 in it) the rest of the paper went well.. Now for tomorrow's unit 2 :/

(Original post by Chloevenn97)
    General feeling on here is that all went well? I'm so relieved! It wasn't exactly a hard exam paper. NO MORE UNIT 1 GUYS!!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.