Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas on anything to revise for unit 2 ?

ReputationRep:
    yeah how are guys revising for tomorrow's exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milesbre)
    Any ideas on anything to revise for unit 2 ?
    Do all the past papers because they repeat the questions a lot

ReputationRep:
    I would say one of the best ways is to look at the edexcel past papers and examiner reports.... As they have ideal answers and if you haven't already, memorise your case studies e.g in my case as I am doing crowded coasts and Rebranding; like Holderness Coast, Southamptons Dibden Bay, Isle of Wight, Bournemouth , Abbots Farm and learnin the concept behind ICZMs and SMP; for rebranding look at London Newham and Olympic development, Slough, Blackpool, Tideswell, Cornwall, London Docklands (Canary Wharf)... Memorise all those and figure out a way to put it in those ideal answers

(Original post by hanaomar3737)
    yeah how are guys revising for tomorrow's exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Praveen101)
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-20821292

why the ROI population in the UK has fallen
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharkindustries)
    I would say one of the best ways is to look at the edexcel past papers and examiner reports.... As they have ideal answers and if you haven't already, memorise your case studies e.g in my case as I am doing crowded coasts and Rebranding; like Holderness Coast, Southamptons Dibden Bay, Isle of Wight, Bournemouth , Abbots Farm and learnin the concept behind ICZMs and SMP; for rebranding look at London Newham and Olympic development, Slough, Blackpool, Tideswell, Cornwall, London Docklands (Canary Wharf)... Memorise all those and figure out a way to put it in those ideal answers
    I'm also doing crowded coasts and rebranding, for the fieldwork and research question are you just memorising facts and figures from your fieldwork?

ReputationRep:
    Could have been easier, but could have been harder I suppose.

For that question about climate change in Africa except for farmers, I had no idea what else to write so I just wrote about the impacts for farmers! Annoyed about no TNC or megacity question and hated that fair trade one.

I did Q9 for the essay question

ReputationRep:
    Yes , facts , figures and most importantly.....Methods and if the question asks about evaluation of methods, remember to give a however ! Remember whatever method you used e.g in crowded coasts, we went to ventnor in Isle of Wight so using a pentameter to measure the gradient of the beach or a quadrant to measure the concentration of different geological types from a sample of 10 pebbles so in this case a however would a small sample may not be representative of the entire beach so more samples could make it more accurate

(Original post by hanaomar3737)
    I'm also doing crowded coasts and rebranding, for the fieldwork and research question are you just memorising facts and figures from your fieldwork?

ReputationRep:
    Have you done rebranding in poorer countries?? just found a Uganda case study in the text book but haven't covered any of it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beachelsea)
    did anyone talk about trade blocs in question 9b?

Yes! omg I thought that was wrong I hope it wasn't

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, we did Uganada too but only as a formality as it is most probable that it won't come but I will still learn it if I were you!

(Original post by eshattock)
    Have you done rebranding in poorer countries?? just found a Uganda case study in the text book but haven't covered any of it!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's best not to discuss the past anymore; concentrate on tomorrow's paper 😊 as what's done is done!

(Original post by MJS107)
    Yes! omg I thought that was wrong I hope it wasn't

ReputationRep:
    i repeated a my points on burning fossil fuels and deforestation because i thought i had quite a few points but then realised i only really had the two.
    For 8a all i did was describe the resources and explain why china only has proposed schemes rather than targets that were currently trying to be achieved.

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody who's doing rebranding help me on what I should talk mainly about for rural questions as we didn't go on a trip so we have to make it up and I'm not sure exactly what to say??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    How do you respond to the results and conclusions questions? My god I have not been prepped for this exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannah31)
    Can somebody who's doing rebranding help me on what I should talk mainly about for rural questions as we didn't go on a trip so we have to make it up and I'm not sure exactly what to say??:confused:
    There should be an example in your textbook or revision guide, just try and remember that

ReputationRep:
    Conrwall and Tideswell

(Original post by Hannah31)

ReputationRep:
    Conrwall and Tideswell

Yes Cornwall is a good one, it has rebranded itself with the Eden project and a Jamie Oliver restaurant to attract more year-round tourists and diversify itself

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you can write about one case study twice in one section? eg if i write about my fieldwork case-study for a 10 mark question and for a 15 mark question?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got some notes on the case study of the Holderness coast that I could please use?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.