Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Can you write with a Fountain Pen in the exam? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey TSR,

Just a quick question, i prefer to write with a fountain pen because there's less strain on my hand. Do you think it will scan my answers if i use it?

Thanks,

(Examining boards are, Edexcel, AQA, OCR)

ReputationRep:
    I always get told to use blue or black ink at the start of an exam. They just assume that nobody will use a fountain pen because it's effort. Ask at your exam office at school to see if you are allowed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reety)
    Hey TSR,

Just a quick question, i prefer to write with a fountain pen because there's less strain on my hand. Do you think it will scan my answers if i use it?

Thanks,

(Examining boards are, Edexcel, AQA, OCR)
    My brothers and I have always written in fountain pen, as do most of the people at school, and have never had a problem with any exam boards

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    I've always heard that you have to use a ball point pen which doesn't include a fountain pen. If you look at the front of exam papers it will show you the instructions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futbol)
    I always get told to use blue or black ink at the start of an exam. They just assume that nobody will use a fountain pen because it's effort. Ask at your exam office at school to see if you are allowed
    (Original post by rhiannon277)
    My brothers and I have always written in fountain pen, as do most of the people at school, and have never had a problem with any exam boards

Good Luck
    Okay, great! Thanks!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.