Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys.
    I feel terrible as I have just got back from the my French reading exam and I didn't see the last 8 mark question until just before we had to give the paper in. I quickly crossed the middle box for all, are any of these correct?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember exactly which box all the answers I picked were, but think of it this way; you have a 1/3 chance of getting them right, and even if you got them all wrong it's only 8 marks out of 40! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachJess4)
    I can't remember exactly which box all the answers I picked were, but think of it this way; you have a 1/3 chance of getting them right, and even if you got them all wrong it's only 8 marks out of 40! x
    8 out of 40 is the difference between 2 grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaringDaniel)
    8 out of 40 is the difference between 2 grade boundaries.
    Fair enough, I didn't really think about that, I was thinking more along the lines of if you got full marks in the other bits, that'd be 32/40 which is still an A* (just)

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks it is just annoying that I had loads of time left but never saw it . Oh well can't do anything about it now I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e1l2l3i4e5)
    Hi guys.
    I feel terrible as I have just got back from the my French reading exam and I didn't see the last 8 mark question until just before we had to give the paper in. I quickly crossed the middle box for all, are any of these correct?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, no, you would have got about 3/8. I literally had time to translate all the questions, answers and the whole paragraph, pretty confident i got 8/8. I seem to remember that most of them were A, although i remember that one was C, "pauvre" as the parents were poor and couldnt send their children on holiday so the holiday camps were necessary. Also i remember i put "se comprendre" because the question asked what was difficult, in the text it said that the other children had strange accents and it could be inferred that "difficult to understand" was probably correct. Also iii) i put "A" - as the other children were from france, but with different accents as the cognate "native" was in the text.

You definitely got about 3/8 tho. Dont worry i messed up the sentences one, i couldnt make any sense of why she would want to see the bottles of water being delivered to her whilst she was undressed to be her biggest advantage of buying groceries online.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrydaktal)
    Unfortunately, no, you would have got about 3/8. I literally had time to translate all the questions, answers and the whole paragraph, pretty confident i got 8/8. I seem to remember that most of them were A, although i remember that one was C, "pauvre" as the parents were poor and couldnt send their children on holiday so the holiday camps were necessary. Also i remember i put "se comprendre" because the question asked what was difficult, in the text it said that the other children had strange accents and it could be inferred that "difficult to understand" was probably correct. Also iii) i put "A" - as the other children were from france, but with different accents as the cognate "native" was in the text.

You definitely got about 3/8 tho. Dont worry i messed up the sentences one, i couldnt make any sense of why she would want to see the bottles of water being delivered to her whilst she was undressed to be her biggest advantage of buying groceries online.:confused:
    It's all over :bawling:

The beginning of the paper, when it asked if the weather was

Sunny
    Cloudy
    Everyday wet.

Which one did you choose? It was everyday wet right? Right?

ReputationRep:

Thanks well 3 out of 8 wasn't that bad... Could have worse I suppose. Yeah I was confused by that one.. I just said she thought that the biggest advantage was she could have bottles of water delivered and ignored the other bit. Think porter meant carried carried rather than undressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapping)

Sunny
    Cloudy
    Everyday wet.

I put cloudy....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e1l2l3i4e5)
    I put cloudy....
    :shot:

:bike:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapping)

Sunny
    Cloudy
    Everyday wet.

nope it was cloudy. "nuage"

ReputationRep:
    I put she got her bottles of water were delivered without her having her to leave the door

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the question on the reading paper about the girl who wanted to be a journalist?

ReputationRep:
    nope it was cloudy. "nuage"
    Kill me now please :shot:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WaitWhatThe)
    What did everyone put for the question on the reading paper about the girl who wanted to be a journalist?
    let me think

i ticked the bottom 2 boxes

em

definitely wasnt after university she wanted to do journalism. that was a bad box.

ReputationRep:
    I put she worked for herself, didn't mind the hours, wanted a change and I didn't know the last one so I put the university one :/

She was a judge on the contest I think so wasn't competing.
    She wasn't strong in English so I don't think she interviewed anyone English
    She didn't really say anything about working away
    And for the work experience, she didn't say anything about writing articles so I wasn't sure which one it was

ReputationRep:
    I put she worked for herself, didn't mind the hours, wanted a change and I didn't know the last one so I put the university one :/

She was a judge on the contest I think so wasn't competing.
    She wasn't strong in English so I don't think she interviewed anyone English
    She didn't really say anything about working away
    And for the work experience, she didn't say anything about writing articles so I wasn't sure which one it was
    i didnt put she worked for herself, why did u put that? :c , i put she wanted a change , she said fair chose and autre in a sentence so i put that she wanted to do something different, she didnt interview anyone in english so i didnt put that . what about listening last q?

ReputationRep:
    In the last section she said she was 'propre chef' which means she's her own boss. Then in the last sentence, she said she wanted a change of orientation so I assumed that as she wanted something different. The last listening? What was it? The airport one?

ReputationRep:
    In the last section she said she was 'propre chef' which means she's her own boss. Then in the last sentence, she said she wanted a change of orientation so I assumed that as she wanted something different. The last listening? What was it? The airport one?
    yes the airport one. i messed the first one up with the public transport but the second section i think i got them all, i said the plane was due to arrive on time because they said on the audio that other planes were really late but fortunately theirs wasnt
    i also said he lost his bag

the options were he lost his bag
    he lost his passport

his passport was in his bag and the audio said he lost it ;c

i said the bag because he didnt specifically lose his passport it was just the bag that happened to contain the passport

ReputationRep:
    yes the airport one. i messed the first one up with the public transport but the second section i think i got them all, i said the plane was due to arrive on time because they said on the audio that other planes were really late but fortunately theirs wasnt
    i also said he lost his bag

the options were he lost his bag
    he lost his passport

his passport was in his bag and the audio said he lost it ;c

i said the bag because he didnt specifically lose his passport it was just the bag that happened to contain the passport
    I put the plane was on time, didn't really hear the rest of that bit so it was a guess but glad to hear it might be correct. I then put he lost his bag because I heard some jumble about that. I then put she slept and they got a bus(that was a guess)

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.