Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Exexcel GSCE French Higher Reading Exam Watch

ReputationRep:
    in the last q, did she end up taking a taxi or a bus because it couldn't be train she said un greve which means on strike????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big_dreamer)
    That writing on holidays was horrid. Though I put something like children get bored and parents who work and that they can do homework at school instead of in the evening at home?? Though for the one where they asked what was the survey about i literally guessed it by saying 'issues at school' but put the two reasons why where that some teachers are disrespectful and that there are arguments at home about grades and exams not sure?
    the survey was about how length of holiday affected grades or something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big_dreamer)
    Kinda guessed my way through, I said he said it was too expensive and something else I can't remember and the girl like the car sharing, not sure, and her bike
    Are you sure it was 4 marks cos i thought it was 8 thinking you need 4 ticks per person
    but that means there must have been another 8 mark question in the paper that i dont remember
    which 2 questions were the 8 markers
    i know the one about reducing summer hola, but what was the other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ehlamleyla)
    in the last q, did she end up taking a taxi or a bus because it couldn't be train she said un greve which means on strike????
    taxi, she said they could have got the bus but (reason), i remember her saying that the taxi driver got her there 2 hours late, she had a sighing tone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas_99)
    Are you sure it was 4 marks cos i thought it was 8 thinking you need 4 ticks per person
    but that means there must have been another 8 mark question in the paper that i dont remember
    there was a sentence 8 marker and then q8 was part a and part b, you only meant to tick 4 boxes not 8, i made the same mistake in a class practice paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terrydaktal)
    there was a sentence 8 marker and then q8 was part a and part b, you only meant to tick 4 boxes not 8, i made the same mistake in a class practice paper.
    OH shoot, i basically cost myself an A*
    do you think they’d still mark it, like the first 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrozenSteph)
    I found the holiday one a bit confusing but I wrote something like its good to shorten holidays as children have more learning time XD And I said parents find it hard to work in long holidays or something I cant really remember but thats the question I struggled on a bit
    :P i was too far away from the audio to hear it. people were making noises on the table and they collected our papers without giving us 5 minutes ant the end and had to give out all the papers again. :c

ReputationRep:
    OH shoot, i basically cost myself an A*
    do you think they’d still mark it, like the first 2
    you would get 0
    the mark scheme says if you have 5 ticked u get the marks u got minus 1 if u have 6 ticked u get the marks u got minus 2 etc, if you ticked 6 and you got the 4 u needed and got 2 extras you would get 2/4

so if you ticked 8 and you yould get 4-4/4 i feel sad now :c

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure thats why I asked, cause it made me super confused and everything was kinda rushed. I only ticked two for each

ReputationRep:
    the survey was about how length of holiday affected grades or something like that
    OH sugar...

ReputationRep:
    I thought the survey was whether children were happy in school... It said hereux at one point which (i think) means happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R7499)
    I thought the survey was whether children were happy in school... It said hereux at one point which (i think) means happy
    i cant remember what i put, i think said grades in the other section ;/

ReputationRep:
    you would get 0
    the mark scheme says if you have 5 ticked u get the marks u got minus 1 if u have 6 ticked u get the marks u got minus 2 etc, if you ticked 6 and you got the 4 u needed and got 2 extras you would get 2/4

I ALMOST ticked 8 boxes but at last minute realised what it meant! They should really make it clearer ;-; im so glad I realised!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R7499)
    I thought it was on how children get to school but then I head "the teachers don't respect them" or something and got confused!😂

ReputationRep:
    I ALMOST ticked 8 boxes but at last minute realised what it meant! They should really make it clearer ;-; im so glad I realised!

ReputationRep:
    you would get 0

so if i ticked 8, but i got all 4 right answers in there i lose all of those 4 for the extra 4 i crossed

ReputationRep:
    I put sunny becauseI translated it to something like "Usually there was always sun but there were some clouds" or something
    I put cloudy cos it says it doesn’t rain everyday in like the second sentenceand it says normally it was sunny but not when she went
    Goodbye to that C that I hoped for :shot:

ReputationRep:
    so if i ticked 8, but i got all 4 right answers in there i lose all of those 4 for the extra 4 i crossed
    yes you would get 0 , i remember my teacher laughing at someone who ticked all of the boxes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapping)
    Goodbye to that C that I hoped for :shot:
    u wont do that badly :c

what school do u go to?

ReputationRep:
    yes you would get 0 , i remember my teacher laughing at someone who ticked all of the boxes :rolleyes:
    well, i didn’t tick all the boxes, so its not too bad, but if i can get an A* in reading i can still get an overall A* so its alright

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.