Hello. Currently I'm working in a apprenticeship that I hate and I plan on leaving because I am so unhappy here. And also it's in a industry I have no interest in at all.
So I've been looking at university courses and I'm really interested in going to university to do business and marketing.
I have a few questions if anyone can answer them for me.
1. Would I be eligible for all grants and loans if I have a HNC (achieved through apprenticeship)
2. I could get into The University of South Wales (http://courses.southwales.ac.uk/cour...ness-marketing) ucas points. Or I could do a year in a access to HE marketing course and get into Cardiff University (http://courses.cardiff.ac.uk/undergr...tail/nn25.html) assuming I get past all the interview process and the grades for both courses obviously.
3. Have you got any other advice you can help me with? I'm really in a spot of bother about all of this and feel I'm going to throw myself into the deep end.
- 0 followers
- 0 badges
- Thread Starter
- 12-05-2015 10:55
- 11 followers
- 3 badges
- 20-05-2015 17:46
1. I would have thought that you would be eligible for grants and loans from the students loan company, as longs as you have not gain any money of them so far. The amount will depends on income and other factors that would be put into the application. If you would like to be 100% sure I would contact the students loan company. (https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england)
2. I am unsure of the question that is being asked.
3. There is no point in staying in a job that you do not like. Therefore I would not continue with this. Univeristy is great as you get a great social life and you have a degree which is very beneficial, but also you get to learn a lot of new skills which can help in the real world of work. I am unsure whether you would be too late to go to uni this september unless you went through clearing in August, therefore you would have to apply in the next academic year via UCAS. You best bet if you wanted to try for univeristy this year to contact UCAS (https://www.ucas.com/corporate/about-us/contact-us)
Hope this helps and I am happy to help with anymore questions if you wish