Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Last Person To Post Here Wins (Part 24) Watch

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkteddyx64)
    Also, that deadly Chrome version that I talked about a few days ago, has not hit the Stable version, so my Chrome could get wrecked within the next few days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Also, that deadly Chrome version that I talked about a few days ago, has not hit the Stable version, so my Chrome could get wrecked within the next few days
    Poor old James_W is doomed! :yep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Poor old James_W is doomed! :yep:
    Yes, it was his job to make sure that the problems with the Canary channel (and then the Beta channel) didn't hit Stable. Unfortunately, they are going to hit any time...

In fact the next time I boot up my laptop I could be transferring all of my tabs from Chrome to Slimjet; the latter also being Chromium based and continuing to support good ol' NPAPI. :yep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it was his job to make sure that the problems with the Canary channel (and then the Beta channel) didn't hit Stable. Unfortunately, they are going to hit any time...

In fact the next time I boot up my laptop I could be transferring all of my tabs from Chrome to Slimjet; the latter also being Chromium based and continuing to support good ol' NPAPI. :yep:
    I use Google Chrome everyday only because of my Android Smartphone! :yep:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I use Google Chrome everyday only because of my Android Smartphone! :yep:
    On your android you are fine to use Google Chrome because the mobile version does not use plugins. And it syncs nicely with the desktop data if you have a google account.

On desktop/PC, you're better off using a browser called Slimjet. It runs on Chromium so will sync everything, as long as you have hooked up your Chrome settings to your Google Account (if applicable). You can also disable updates whenever you need to - so if Chromium do decide to drop all the source code for NPAPI plugins, you can set to disable updates.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    :blow:

ReputationRep:
    On your android you are fine to use Google Chrome because the mobile version does not use plugins. And it syncs nicely with the desktop data if you have a google account.

On desktop/PC, you're better off using a browser called Slimjet. It runs on Chromium so will sync everything, as long as you have hooked up your Chrome settings to your Google Account (if applicable). You can also disable updates whenever you need to - so if Chromium do decide to drop all the source code for NPAPI plugins, you can set to disable updates.
    :cool:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    4444 :king1:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    4444 :king1:
    Warm kiss. :eek:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    :proud:

ReputationRep:
    :proud:
    Chastity belt, anyone?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    :eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    :eviltongue:
    Disclosure attack! :eek:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    :evil:

ReputationRep:
    :evil:
    :noway:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    :tong:

ReputationRep:
    :tong:

ReputationRep:
    'How do you do it?'

ReputationRep:
    :groovy:

Poll
Would you rather
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.