Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Last Person To Post Here Wins (Part 24) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Associativity)
    where did the 131 come from? You should find that there is only one stationary point at x=5.
    The 131 was meant to be the y value when x=5

Thanks, I think I understand how to do it now
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    The 131 was meant to be the y value when x=5

Thanks, I think I understand how to do it now
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh sorry!

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry!
    No worries it turns out that what I was doing is a lot simpler than what you both were saying anyway, that's one piece of homework down...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No worries it turns out that what I was doing is a lot simpler than what you both were saying anyway, that's one piece of homework down...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was going to say I didn't remember any of that being in GCSE!

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say I didn't remember any of that being in GCSE!
    Hahaha yeah. I'm doing a further maths course alongside GCSE and this is one of the topics in that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha yeah. I'm doing a further maths course alongside GCSE and this is one of the topics in that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Brilliant! Is that additional maths (what I did) or is it actually A level further maths?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh yea I remember the good old days of FM GCSE. But indeed this is a useful technique for this exam, I seem to remember when I did it a few years back effectively all of the exam is straight line graphs and differentiating simple polynomials

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant! Is that additional maths (what I did) or is it actually A level further maths?
    It's not A Level. It's an AQA Level 2 certificate:yep: I've found it really interesting so far - differentiation is my absolute favourite so far. I may have gotten very excited, we've only done about 3 lessons on it so far.
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    oh yea I remember the good old days of FM GCSE. But indeed this is a useful technique for this exam, I seem to remember when I did it a few years back effectively all of the exam is straight line graphs and differentiating simple polynomials
    Oh wow. Thanks for that
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not A Level. It's an AQA Level 2 certificate:yep: I've found it really interesting so far - differentiation is my absolute favourite so far. I may have gotten very excited, we've only done about 3 lessons on it so far.

Oh wow. Thanks for that
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had something similar, it was FSMQ Additional Mathematics (OCR), basically the same content with a bit of vectors and some simple suvat/kinematics chucked in (just to show off how important differentiation/integration was basically).

ReputationRep:
    I had something similar, it was FSMQ Additional Mathematics (OCR), basically the same content with a bit of vectors and some simple suvat/kinematics chucked in (just to show off how important differentiation/integration was basically).
    Oooh cool. Wow that sounds great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    XD

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :qed:

ReputationRep:
    :jive:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    i am soooooooooo tired
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyeshaKhan)
    i am soooooooooo tired
    Feel free to get some rest, I'll stand watch and make sure nobody else wins in the meantime. :yes:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    haha
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:

Poll
Would you rather
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.