Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

really need advice! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I don't really know what to do, I'm stuck in a bit of a vicious cycle.
    I have appealing fitness, I do run occasionally but something always stops me going once ive got into it - a field trip or deadline for example. I then find it very difficult to get back into it - I've been running on and off for just over a year and I've still not run more than 3k

At the moment though my problem is is that id love to get back into it but I'm just too exhausted all the time to go, and if I did I know I couldn't go far and it'd make me feel worse than if I hadn't gone at all!

I know I don't eat enough and that's mostly why I'm tired but if I eat more I feel too full and I can't help feeling that eating more counteracts the point of the run

Does anyone have any advice on how to get out of this cycle?

ReputationRep:
    I was in the same situation as you, but with me it's usually an injury that puts me off. The way of getting out of it is to simply push yourself. Like, no one really likes exercise but exercise doesn't like you either you just have to have a positive mind set for it! A good thing to do would be to write out a training plan and set reminders on your phone so they alert you to go for a run or to go to the gym etc. Also, with the eating issue; you need to eat! You don't have to eat a lot all at once, break down your meals throughout the day. You should eat around 5 meals a day (3 main meals and 2 smaller ones), they should all contain a specific amount of nutrients from each food group. For example, with running, it's best to eat more carbs, so eat pasta with sauce or something, this is good because you don't need to eat a big portion of it. Also, try drinking more water if you don't already, and add lemon to it. Lemon is known to dehydrate and oxygenate the body whilst reducing breakouts, respiratory problems and balances pH to avoid lactic acid and other bacteria attacking your body

I hope this helped a little, if you have any more queries then just let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know the recommended lowest number of calories you should eat a day is 1200 but most days I don't think I top that, im finding it hard to eat without feeling guilty or nauseous. I'm pretty sure that undereating has given me the metabolism of a slug so I find it difficult to contemplate eating more as I know I'll start putting on weight easily I just don't know how to proceed!
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Get a routine like C25k

Start a blog on here or somewhere else and that will aid motivation due to feeling that you must stick to it as others are watching

Even if you're tired, you need to drag yourself out and go do it, once you've done it you'll feel a lot better

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.