Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and i'm applying for student finance, and i'm just looking for some help.

I'll be studying my BA in English lit in october with the open uni, and i've been having trouble with the student finance applicaiton..
    i've been told that when applying for student tuition loans, even if the course is full time (120 credits a year) that you have to apply via the part-time application, is this correct?

The amount it's saying i'm entitled to is 2700, but for both modules it's costing 2700, which altogether is 5400..

Basically i just need some advice from anyone who has already applied

Thanks guys
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

All Open University courses are considered Part-Time because they're not based at brick unis. If the two modules are studied in separate years then you would apply for the next year and be given £2,700 for each one. If it's £5,400 for one year and you can only apply for £2,700 this means the OU may have fees showing incorrectly on their database.

Thanks

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.