Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am undecided about whenether I should choose French or German for my iGCSE options. i can only do one or the other. I know loads in french and we have done it for longer and I know more French than German but I'm sure the teacher will teach us more next year and I will kniw them pretty much at the same level. At the moment my german teacher is lacking the abilty to teach us much and we are not going every far and to be honest I do not think she very organised. French thoughh is really lrganised and we have done a lot and only need to know one more tnse before we are at gcse level. One bonus german has over french is the fact that the german class will be very small with only about 4 people while the french class will be quite big. I am quite shy and I feel like I am more open in German lessons and answer way more questions because I feel comfortable in my class and to be honest we just repeat what we do. in french I hardly put my hand up because I'm scared I can nOt pronounce some words, In the future I am planning to take one for a level but nothing further for now. I enjoy both being in france and germany so that doesnt really make a difference. More people speak french but then again german is really good for bussiness although I am not reslly planning on doing that. French word order for me is much easier and its hard in german because there is like loads of different word orders but i can learn them if i tried and i also still have to learn loads for both languages. I am not a fan of any of the subject teacher so that doesnt really effect me. I dont really know what to do and I dont have much time to decided so could u help?

ReputationRep:
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the languages forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=98

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing both French and German for iGCSE. Like you, I could only choose to do one but I opted to study the other in my own time and sit it with my year at school. I chose French for this as I definitely find it easier! From what you've said I recommend doing French, although small class sizes will help as the teacher can pay more attention to each individual, it will be extremely difficult to earn if your teacher isn't able to organise a lesson. Also, you are already more advanced in French whereas in German you'd have to catch up what you already know in another language... I agree with what you said about German word order, it's so confusing!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.