Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Bayern v Barca result tonight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think barca will woop Bayern again tonight? I'm not a fan but I'm all for barca!!

ReputationRep:
    Well, Bayern are going to have to chase the game and push forward to score three goals, whilst trying to neutralise the threat of Messi, Neymar and Suarez. I think they will have to take the risk and commit men forward because even if they sit back, they are still likely to concede goals because of Barcelona's superior build up play.

I think Barcelona will win this game as well, even though Bayern have been fantastic at home this season.

The tie was put to an end in the first leg.

ReputationRep:
    phew, I have potential returns of 1700 on barca, but I have upmost confidence in the team due to the last game and doing research, it seems messi is in top form!

ReputationRep:
    What's the bet/stake to be getting such a big return?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldcrest)
    phew, I have potential returns of 1700 on barca, but I have upmost confidence in the team due to the last game and doing research, it seems messi is in top form!
    So that's why you made this thread

ReputationRep:
    Actually OP, I think Barca will become complacent and concede three goals in the first 60 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    I'd guess at something like 2-1 to Barcelona, or a 2-2 draw.

Bayern might not have Ribery or Robben, but they don't really have any choice but to be aggressive in attack. Plus, Barcelona are always at risk of conceding a random, scrappy goal, so I think Bayern will probably get one or two past them. I envisage it being a headed goal from Müller, possibly from a corner.

Of course, being behind against Barcelona and not being able to park the bus puts Bayern at risk of conceding too, especially since they're having to play some defenders who wouldn't normally be first choice. I'm sure Messi, Suárez and Neymar can take advantage of that and score a couple. Had it not been for Neuer in goal, it'd probably be more than that.

ReputationRep:
    4-0 Barca to reverse the 7-0 from 2013

ReputationRep:
    well not really, as like I said I have confidence in barca to win! I'm just really interested in opionions because me not being a football fan, I know from ear that these two teams have some seriously good players in, and they have really good history, 2 very good teams!

ReputationRep:
    Barca to win. Excited to see if Messi can repeat his performance

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's a good game I don't give a **** really but would rather Barca go through and close the gap on RM.

Both teams to score looks nailed on, and for the lad asking about decent bets, I think Coral are doing odds of 9/1 on Messi to score any time, new customers only. The Wealdstone Raider posted the bet on his Twitter if you want it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Reckon it'll end up 2-1 to either side, most probably Bayern. I hope that Bayern give a good performance for Pep alone, really. All this talk of him not being good enough, or wanting to LEAVE, is frankly bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    I know it sounds strange, but I think they've slightly underachieved with him, particularly in Europe. They are clearly the dominant side in Germany, and were well ahead of the other sides domestically under Heynckes. Tbf, he did have Ribery in his prime, but his formations and tactics were so much more flexible than Pep's; I've said it before, but rarely does Pep seem to have a plan B. Granted, throughout most of his career, even at Barca 'B' he hasn't needed to, but managers like Mourinho, Simeone, Ancelotti have all been able to adapt to situations on multiple occasions throughout their managerial careers.

Pep to me seems like the kind of manager who would rather be universally loved for playing football a particular way and losing, rather than an alternative way and winning, you could say that it's part of his school of thought, and while I agree with that to an extent, Mourinho also learnt his trade at Barca (at least partially), as did Luis Enrique, who has given Barca an extra dynamic this season in being capable of playing on the counter. Of course it helps that Messi's been in his best form since 2012 in the last 6 months.

Pep hasn't had a strong finish to a season since 2010-2011 when they won the CL, La Liga, and I think the Copa del Ray iirc. 2011-12 they lost two huge ties to Madrid to concede the title, and crashing out 3-2 to Chelsea in the CL Semi-finals. Obviously he then took a sabatical, and Bayern eased off the gas once they had wrapped up the title last season. I really expected them to go on and claim the CL last season, given that they could afford to rest players ahead of the Semi's, which neither Atletico, Real or Chelsea could afford to do - yet Pep fell into that same trap and dragged Bayern with him; and again the same thing is happening (albeit perhaps not as convincingly this time).

ReputationRep:
    Pep lost the semi in the first leg. It was painfully obvious what team he should have played but he tried being too smart. Should have gone with:

Neuer
    Rafinha Boateng Benatia Bernat
    Schweini/Alonso
    Lahm Thiago
    Muller Lewa Gotze

Barca still probably would have won, but definitely would not have been as dominant. He needs to stop playing both Alonso and Schweinsteiger, it makes his midfield too slow and immobile. Thiago needs to be at the heart.

ReputationRep:
    Pep will go out with a crazy good team, especially at the Allianz they will have a massive reception, I can honestly see a Bayern turnover and whitewash on Barca's account. Hoping so anyways, Juventus Bayern would make a great final...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ianson10)
    Pep will go out with a crazy good team, especially at the Allianz they will have a massive reception, I can honestly see a Bayern turnover and whitewash on Barca's account. Hoping so anyways, Juventus Bayern would make a great final...
    There's no way Barca won't score tonight. The way I see it is that Barca are already through as Bayern wont score the 5 they need (if Barca score) to win normal time. This game just gives Bayern and Pep the chance to save face rather than collapse like the SF v Real last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    I know it sounds strange, but I think they've slightly underachieved with him, particularly in Europe. They are clearly the dominant side in Germany, and were well ahead of the other sides domestically under Heynckes. Tbf, he did have Ribery in his prime, but his formations and tactics were so much more flexible than Pep's; I've said it before, but rarely does Pep seem to have a plan B. Granted, throughout most of his career, even at Barca 'B' he hasn't needed to, but managers like Mourinho, Simeone, Ancelotti have all been able to adapt to situations on multiple occasions throughout their managerial careers.

Pep to me seems like the kind of manager who would rather be universally loved for playing football a particular way and losing, rather than an alternative way and winning, you could say that it's part of his school of thought, and while I agree with that to an extent, Mourinho also learnt his trade at Barca (at least partially), as did Luis Enrique, who has given Barca an extra dynamic this season in being capable of playing on the counter. Of course it helps that Messi's been in his best form since 2012 in the last 6 months.

Pep hasn't had a strong finish to a season since 2010-2011 when they won the CL, La Liga, and I think the Copa del Ray iirc. 2011-12 they lost two huge ties to Madrid to concede the title, and crashing out 3-2 to Chelsea in the CL Semi-finals. Obviously he then took a sabatical, and Bayern eased off the gas once they had wrapped up the title last season. I really expected them to go on and claim the CL last season, given that they could afford to rest players ahead of the Semi's, which neither Atletico, Real or Chelsea could afford to do - yet Pep fell into that same trap and dragged Bayern with him; and again the same thing is happening (albeit perhaps not as convincingly this time).
    This isn't true at all lol, Pep is one of the most tactically flexible managers in the world. It's an urban myth that he gave birth to an era of defensive possession and slow transition, and he certainly doesn't do that at Bayern. He changes formation regularly, moves people around positions (aka Alaba at CM) and he'll sometimes sit back, and sometimes heavily press. Camp Nou game was testament to that, pressing high up the pitch and man-marking Man to man was anything but conventional. So it's hard to pin a regular style of play as such on Pep bar keeping the ball. Of course his tactics aren't always correct, and fwiw I don't rate him as highly as José but he's not devoid of a plan B in the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldcrest)

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.