Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well i am going to retake my AS levels next year, will i be able to do it in college? i haven't even applied
    i don't know whats going to happen with my life anymore
    its
    down
    the
    drain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rolla_hz)
    well i am going to retake my AS levels next year, will i be able to do it in college? i haven't even applied
    its
    down
    the
    drain.
    I'm sure people already know me by now due to my panic attacks on TSR but same here, I'm retaking my AS levels too next year however we don't know our results yet. Finish your exams and you may be surprised
    I'm definitely re-taking because I know I've messed up my third AS level and I'm doing three. I've already searched colleges and so far only Leyton Sixth form college and Bsix Brooke house college are the two I know of who are taking on repeats.
    Sorry for my threads, I sound pessimistic a lot but only because this year went so badly for me. Good luck with exams.

ReputationRep:
    its
    down
    the
    drain.
    Yes many people decide they either do not like their A levels and do others or simply do retakes with the A levels they are currently doing.

I had many people from my college, move to another college and restart AS with different A levels or the same, some also stayed at the college to redo the year.

However if you get the grades to get into your college next year for year 13, then your college might try and persuade you to continue to A level. I'd recommend talking to your head of year and they should help you sort it out.

Why do you wish to retake the year? (If I may ask)

ReputationRep:
    its
    down
    the
    drain.

which subjects do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherry82)
    I'm sure people already know me by now due to my panic attacks on TSR but same here, I'm retaking my AS levels too next year however we don't know our results yet. Finish your exams and you may be surprised
    I'm definitely re-taking because I know I've messed up my third AS level and I'm doing three. I've already searched colleges and so far only Leyton Sixth form college and Bsix Brooke house college are the two I know of who are taking on repeats.
    Sorry for my threads, I sound pessimistic a lot but only because this year went so badly for me. Good luck with exams.
    yeah you're quite right, i may be surprised but i highlyyyy doubt that due to the fact that ehh my grades throughout the whole year sUCK.
    aw I'm sorry and i hope it gets better love and hope next year IS AWESOMEEE!!
    i don't even know if there are any colleges in london near me that take on repeats :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meekabu)
    which subjects do you do?
    bio
    chem
    maths
    eng lang&lit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat135)
    Yes many people decide they either do not like their A levels and do others or simply do retakes with the A levels they are currently doing.

I had many people from my college, move to another college and restart AS with different A levels or the same, some also stayed at the college to redo the year.

However if you get the grades to get into your college next year for year 13, then your college might try and persuade you to continue to A level. I'd recommend talking to your head of year and they should help you sort it out.

Why do you wish to retake the year? (If I may ask)
    do you think ill be able to retake maths and chem as and a2 all in the same year?
    i think i could smash english and bio, its just maths and chemistry that are really I'm so not prepared for you know?

ReputationRep:
    yeah you're quite right, i may be surprised but i highlyyyy doubt that due to the fact that ehh my grades throughout the whole year sUCK.
    aw I'm sorry and i hope it gets better love and hope next year IS AWESOMEEE!!
    i don't even know if there are any colleges in london near me that take on repeats :/
    No, if you've worked sufficiently throughout the year, I'm sure you'll do great, thank you x
    I saw your comment about your struggles in only two subjects, if that's the case then that's fine as you could resit papers next year along with A2. The only thing is that this could be stressful and you can't necessarily resit your A2 papers so our grades in 2016 in August would be final. This is mainly why I'm considering re-sitting because knowing my personality, if I get stressed from all of the work I may mess up that year and even if I did take a gap year, I may not be able to change my results with A2 resits due to the reforms.
    This does depend on the subject your studying too.
    The two schools I mentioned, they're in London- one is in Hackney and the other is in Leyton. If you still feel the same way after results day (which we're praying for not to happen) check them out or look to see if they have any spaces. Bsix seems to be full of people who are re-sitting their A levels, they're known for that and Leyton too but it's less common. This could change by the way as every year may be different.

ReputationRep:
    Finally I've found my people! I've been feeling ****-faced all year panicking about these bloody exams and they've all gone **** and I'm ****ed but I'm very glad I've finally found some other **** ups - sorry for your loss of course!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion Ring)
    Finally I've found my people! I've been feeling ****-faced all year panicking about these bloody exams and they've all gone **** and I'm ****ed but I'm very glad I've finally found some other **** ups - sorry for your loss of course!!
    looooool
    damn, you've finished all your exams so early?
    my first one is tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    looooool
    damn, you've finished all your exams so early?
    my first one is tomorrow...
    Oh no I've only done two out of six so far but both have been awful and the rest won't make up for it. The papers have been so evil this year :eek:

ReputationRep:
    aaaaghhhhhh
    what subjects are ya doing?
    Rolla stfu and go study you waste man. Been revising 24/7 and you think you're going to fail. Stop stressing, you'll do great.

Get your fat ass off your bed and study.

SMH WASTE MAN

ReputationRep:
    bio
    chem
    maths
    eng lang&lit

wow that's a hard bunch!.and your in AS year....teachers are always like you should have a balance with the subjects you choose to do..but for me im in A2.nd im doing health and social care,bio,sociology and fine art

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meekabu)
    wow that's a hard bunch!.and your in AS year....teachers are always like you should have a balance with the subjects you choose to do..but for me im in A2.nd im doing health and social care,bio,sociology and fine art
    ohhhh goooodddluckkk!!!! have you applied to uni or planning to do something else?
    ehh the only ones I'm struggling with is chem and maths
    struggling real bad haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Rolla stfu and go study you waste man. Been revising 24/7 and you think you're going to fail. Stop stressing, you'll do great.

Get your fat ass off your bed and study.

SMH WASTE MAN
    you NUTTAAHHH
    lemme shake dis booty den me do work oki d ok
    ok
    k

ReputationRep:
    aahhh the stress with alevels. this time of the year is always the hardest!!!..but just try your best.your work will pay off in the end..and just think about enjoying the summer holidays!!..yayy

ReputationRep:
    you NUTTAAHHH
    lemme shake dis booty den me do work oki d ok
    ok
    k
    Your typing makes me want to cry, srs :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Your typing makes me want to cry, srs :erm:
    I must admit dina, me too.
    My writing hasn't been quite great online, this is mainly due to the fact that oh
    oh wait
    oh
    I DONT GIVE NO FAKS
    ahahahahaha
    olroight

ReputationRep:
    I must admit dina, me too.
    My writing hasn't been quite great online, this is mainly due to the fact that oh
    oh wait
    oh
    I DONT GIVE NO FAKS
    ahahahahaha
    olroight
    Is that my birthday cake in your avi? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinaa)
    Is that my birthday cake in your avi? :ahee:
    nah
    I'm sorry
    but even if it was
    i would've eaten it before it got to you

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.