Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

WJEC Geography G1 - How'd you find it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I talked about crustal expansion, plate motion, convection currents, formation, friction and I couldn't think of anymore...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it will effect you badly. AS long as you explained in full detail, you will only probably lose 3/4 marksplus you only need around 55/75 for an A... I recon I will get an E in this... It was so awful 😓

ReputationRep:
    what was question 1b, there's was so much dispute at my school

ReputationRep:
    Something to do with saying what human activities are having effect on one or more extreme events

ReputationRep:
    Was it not the effect of extreme weather conditions on human activities?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my class said it was the effects of weather events ON human activites; e.g. hurricane katrina

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who can't remember the questions:
    1 a) cloropleth map on USA.
    1 b) Describe the effects of an extreme weather event on human activities.
    1 c) Discuss how successful pressure groups and/or independent strategies are on adressing climate change.
    2 a) Comparing effects of earthquakes (bar chart form).
    2 b) Describe processes of constructive and conservative plate margins.
    2 c) Social and economic impacts of a tectonic event.
    3a) Three satellite maps with different levels of flooding.
    3b) Methods of collecting data on economic impacts on flooding.
    3c) Discuss strengths and weaknesses of two methods of presenting data using an area you have studied.

ReputationRep:
    No im sure i remembered it saying human actvities that are causing extreme weather events. I made sure before i started to write because it would of made my answer totally different!

ReputationRep:
    On 1c) I put about United nations for pressure groups as well as individual strategies. Not sure if the United nations/Kyoto idea is right though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm sure it said discuss how human activities are affected by one or more extreme weather events

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sure it said the effect OF human activities on extreme weather events? So you had to talk about things like increased CO2 concentration leading to warming of the earth and therefore more droughts and hurricanes?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i wrote about increased c02 emissions through increased car ownership, air travel industrialisation and other green house gases such as methane nitrogen oxides from agriculture, then i said how they heated the earth up causing hurricanes/floods

ReputationRep:
    Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 190
Size:  360.3 KBThis is what i found on the specification

ReputationRep:
    The questions were so vague.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blxckatoro)
    Name:  FullSizeRender (1).jpg
Views: 190
Size:  360.3 KBThis is what i found on the specification
    You've put my mind at rest now!

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.