Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

What's everyone think of AQA Accounting Unit1? (12/5/15) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was dreadful and didn't get it to balance, what'd everyone think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsjusteoghan)
    I thought it was dreadful and didn't get it to balance, what'd everyone think?
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the accounting & finance forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=885

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the accounting & finance forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=885
    appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    You know the two boxes you had to tick for the bring down of the expenses, which two did you tick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamhyy)
    You know the two boxes you had to tick for the bring down of the expenses, which two did you tick?

the one of the prepayment, current assets and the one with accruals current liabilities, you?

ReputationRep:
    I rushed it and didn't really understand it, so ticked current assets for both, hoping me to get at least one mark 😁 what did you do with the suspense account balance in the balance sheet?

ReputationRep:
    I rushed it and didn't really understand it, so ticked current assets for both, hoping me to get at least one mark ������ what did you do with the suspense account balance in the balance sheet?

didn't put it in, had no idea what it was, never seen it before

ReputationRep:
    didn't put it in, had no idea what it was, never seen it before
    Same, it's definitely why mine didn't balance though, but didn't have time to fix it

ReputationRep:
    Same, it's definitely why mine didn't balance though, but didn't have time to fix it
    You weren't meant to do anything with it just a red herring lol it said to only use the additional information (1)-(7) but it could be assumed it was due to the wages (10k)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Middriver)
    You weren't meant to do anything with it just a red herring lol it said to only use the additional information (1)-(7) but it could be assumed it was due to the wages (10k)
    did you get it to balance?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that was it then! For the question where you had to send the punts to the income statement, did you just have to write the numbers in the boxes?

ReputationRep:
    did you get it to balance?
    Yeah, 110973 or something.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that was it then! For the question where you had to send the punts to the income statement, did you just have to write the numbers in the boxes?
    Wrote workings in the space below then referenced it next to the answer in the box. Was a bit dodgy tbf never seen anything like it in my life.

ReputationRep:
    Wrote workings in the space below then referenced it next to the answer in the box. Was a bit dodgy tbf never seen anything like it in my life.
    It was very dodgy! Let's hope for low grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    It was very dodgy! Let's hope for low grade boundaries!
    And even lower for accn 2 :'D

ReputationRep:
    And even lower for accn 2 :'D
    I'm not doing it, good luck! They generally are lower for unit 2 though

ReputationRep:
    The Balance sheet was quite hard -.-" I wanted an Income Statement so bad

ReputationRep:
    All of the content my teacher really focused on DIDN'T come up.

I had never done a journal until that exam, and the suspense account question was horrible. The last adjustment to the suspense account was soo badly worded.

I'm just so annoyed at how the exam paper was so bare, in terms of not having control accounts, income statements, accruals and prepayment accounts, cash books, bank reconciliation etc.

I kinda feel robbed because that exam didn't show my full potential

ReputationRep:
    My balance sheet balanced at 114437 or somma

ReputationRep:
    It was so bad! I didn't get my balance sheet to balance and completely forgot to put in shop fittings for NCA!! I did all the workings out for it though so do you honk I'll still get the marks? Also what did you put for the last three errors and does omission go in suspense! There is no way that the suspense question was 7 marks. Here's hoping unit 2 is nice

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 19, 2015
Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.