Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi allI'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong area.

I have a conditional offer from University of Westminer and currently I'm doing a Access course.

I just got emailed from my course instructor that I need to resubmit my last few assignments but apparently I will be capped at a pass - when all along she kept on saying you are not capped at a pass for resubmissions as long as you submit the first time within the deadline.

I checked OCNs rules but doesn't mention her makeshift rule. Now if this happens to be true, and I calculate my next assignments to be merits as required, I will be approximately a few short for the conditional offer I have.

Will this be a problem?

My next though was if I really knuckle down for my next assignments and aim to get at least 2 distinctions out of them and the rest merits which is still short because she would have passed the others - would they still be okay with it?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammaramin7)
    Hi allI'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if it's in the wrong area.

I have a conditional offer from University of Westminer and currently I'm doing a Access course.

I just got emailed from my course instructor that I need to resubmit my last few assignments but apparently I will be capped at a pass - when all along she kept on saying you are not capped at a pass for resubmissions as long as you submit the first time within the deadline.

I checked OCNs rules but doesn't mention her makeshift rule. Now if this happens to be true, and I calculate my next assignments to be merits as required, I will be approximately a few short for the conditional offer I have.

Will this be a problem?

My next though was if I really knuckle down for my next assignments and aim to get at least 2 distinctions out of them and the rest merits which is still short because she would have passed the others - would they still be okay with it?

Thanks
    Only Westminster can answer this for you. Anyone commenting on TSR will not be speaking with any authority.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.