Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

British Sandwich Week 2015 - what's your favourite sarnie? Watch

• TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This week is British Sandwich Week and in spirit of this I want to ask you what your favourite sandwich filling is!

I'm very much a traditional kind of person - I love a charnie (cheese and ham sarnie!)

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Cheddar Ploughman, or classic BLT :yum:
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    I made such a good one the other week! I put toast on under the grill and cooked some mushroom and spinach together with some basil in the frying pan. Added this to the toast then grated cheese on top so it was all melty. Then after that put it all together! So good! So I shall call it cheese, mushroom, spinach and basil toastie!

ReputationRep:
    Tesco Meat Feast ftw

:thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    Stilton and Marmalade (the coarse dark type) baguette.

Y Fenni and red onion melt.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    I made such a good one the other week! I put toast on under the grill and cooked some mushroom and spinach together with some basil in the frying pan. Added this to the toast then grated cheese on top so it was all melty. Then after that put it all together! So good! So I shall call it cheese, mushroom, spinach and basil toastie!
    :drool: that literally sounds like heaven

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyrical_lie)
    :drool:

That does sound excellent.

Although it's hard to beat smoked salmon and cream cheese I find. :giggle:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I had a banana, peanut butter, and bacon sandwich last week. It was incredible. I've done banana and peanut butter before but the bacon was a new addition.... words cannot express how good it was. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    peanut butter an chocolate spread, chicken mayo and lettuce, BLT, egg and bacon, chicken and bacon, bbq chicken, cheese and pickle, cheese and onion chutney, cheese salad, ham salad, steak sandwich with horseradish (my fave)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Top five:

- sausage.
    - smoked ham and mustard.
    - turkey, lettuce, onion.
    - crayfish and rocket.
    - jam.

ReputationRep:
    Half toasted bread, toasted side on the outside. A steak slice, on top of that a fried egg, some cheddar cheese, little bit of salad for crunch, salad cream and sweet chilli sauce.

They said I was mad, but it was delicious. DELICIOUS I TELL YOU.

ReputationRep:
    Prawn mayo
    BLT
    Cheese & pickle
    Bacon butties (HP)
    Ham & mustard
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    White bread on bottom, nutella, Philadelphia cream cheese, pate, chilli's, lettuce, pastrami, ham, beef, egg mayo, cress, tuna mayo and wholemeal bread on top. Sounds disgusting but is actually really nice. WARNING: DON'T EAT IT IF YOU DON'T WANT A REALLY BAD HEADACHE!

ReputationRep:
    Meatball and cheese/steak and cheese/smoked salmon and cream cheese (I like cheese)

ReputationRep:
    Baked beans, chilli and cheese
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A while ago I had 3am munchies. Wholemeal bread, chicken, cheese, jalapenos, tomato, cucumber, lettuce and soy sauce. Put it all together then microwaved it for 20 seconds. :sogood: Rather unique but was surprisingly good.. may have just been the fact it was 3am.

ReputationRep:
    M&S Chicken and Bacon Sandwich.

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** calls it a sarnie

Chicken mayo is the babe👀

ReputationRep:
    Bacon, BLT, tuna mayo, chicken salad, ham and cheese, egg, I CANT DECIDE I LOVE THEM ALL

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.