Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Volunteering at a Oxfam charity shop watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am 19 years old. I am unemployed at the moment. I want to work at a Oxfam charity shop to gain some work experience, learn new skills, improve my CV and get some references for a proper paid chop in the near future.

The problem is when I went to Oxfam and get the application form. It states we need two references. However, I don't have anyone to list down. My former teachers have left their job. I have never had a proper job before. So what do I do?? Will a retail charity shop care or check references? Or, shall I just tell them the truth? I like to hear your thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    I think that it's best to be honest with them, they'll definitely appreciate it and i'm sure they'll understand.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.