Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find the listening and the reading?

ReputationRep:
    found the listening one very difficult, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Very tricky - the listening...

ReputationRep:
    I found them both a lot harder than the mocks
    Just hoping the grade boundaries are low!

ReputationRep:
    lol yes thats what im hoping too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookiemonster057)
    How did you guys find the listening and the reading?
    Heya, I'm going to put this in the languages forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=98

ReputationRep:
    i loved the reading! listening was alright, some answers were quite easy but the one about the reasons why the woman divorced her husband got me :/

ReputationRep:
    i found the reading difficult but that's because i've got a chest infection so i was concentrating on trying not to cough rather than on the paper :L i thought the listening was pretty easy, the last question about p or n for the school was much easier than the average question that usually comes last... what did you get for the sentence ends? i got floods, forrest fires, deforestation and traffic... in that order i also guessed the second two letters for what the second dude found good about internet shopping, i guessed that it was safe and secure for the first one and convenient for the second

ReputationRep:
    The listening was really hard! Strangely I found that the questions on the last page of the listening were the easiest out of the whole test. I thought that the reading went well though!

ReputationRep:
    That exam was satan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    i found the reading difficult but that's because i've got a chest infection so i was concentrating on trying not to cough rather than on the paper :L i thought the listening was pretty easy, the last question about p or n for the school was much easier than the average question that usually comes last... what did you get for the sentence ends? i got floods, forrest fires, deforestation and traffic... in that order i also guessed the second two letters for what the second dude found good about internet shopping, i guessed that it was safe and secure for the first one and convenient for the second
    Same! Except for traffic I put petrol prices but I may be wrong

ReputationRep:
    i know someone who put petrol prices...maybe it's that...i just heard the word 'embouteillage' so i scribbled down traffic

(Original post by Cookiemonster057)
    Same! Except for traffic I put petrol prices but I may be wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aha1)
    i know someone who put petrol prices...maybe it's that...i just heard the word 'embouteillage' so i scribbled down traffic
    Everyone I have spoken to put fuel prices but didn't know the word 'embouteillage'. I put traffic too - I'm fairly sure that's the right answer

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the last page on the reading exam? - The celebrity interview one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren9811)
    What did everyone put for the last page on the reading exam? - The celebrity interview one.
    Oh dear that was a guessing game for me...
    1) she wrote songs and had a little success with her second album
    2) her best friend found out that her partner wasn't truthful after two years of marriage
    3) her sisters because she is happily married with twins
    4) leaving behind the people who only associated themselves with her because of her success
    (Guessed the second one)
    5) he was lucky because he didn't get all of the attention that she gets

*note* these are not the correct answers for sure, they're just what I got and I know some of them are wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesinatr)
    Everyone I have spoken to put fuel prices but didn't know the word 'embouteillage'. I put traffic too - I'm fairly sure that's the right answer
    Ah fingers crossed! Also do you know when the other physics notes will be done because they're all I need now

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the Leonard and Arnaud question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    What did people get for the Leonard and Arnaud question?
    Don't remember all of them but I put A for the first one and L+A for the last two. People I've spoken to also got that (doesn't mean it's correct though! )

ReputationRep:
    what did people get for the question that had
    the options as
    vegetarian diet
    electricity
    temperature

found this one hard but i put vegetarian diet ? ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hklsdflhks)
    what did people get for the question that had
    the options as
    vegetarian diet
    electricity
    temperature

found this one hard but i put vegetarian diet ? ?
    I know many others who wrote vegetarian diet but I wrote temperature because I thought I heard the word geler- to freeze. Although I'm probably wrong given that it's Africa we're talking about

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.