Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, the AS philosophy exam is on Thursday an I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to the structure my answers. The only two philosophy and ethics teachers at my school have been ill for the past month or so and my school isn't finding a replacement. If anyone could offer me any help I would appreciate it so much.
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    are you with WJEC??

ReputationRep:
    Im with aqa, quote me if so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    sorry forgot to put, I'm with OCR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daviem)
    sorry forgot to put, I'm with OCR
    Ah not so sure however so (judging from your other posts) say if it was a cosmological argument question, you can start with an intro of the cosmological argument ie: the cosmological argument attempts to prove the existence of God using our universe as a starting point. Additionally, it attempts to explain why we live in something rather than nothing.

If the steer of the question is simply asking you to explain it, give a small profile of aquinas (1224-1274) and his ways using terminology such as posteriori, inductive, synthetic, God as the role of unmoved mover etc, rejection of infinite regress and appropriate analogies

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeilahDeere)
    Ah not so sure however so (judging from your other posts) say if it was a cosmological argument question, you can start with an intro of the cosmological argument ie: the cosmological argument attempts to prove the existence of God using our universe as a starting point. Additionally, it attempts to explain why we live in something rather than nothing.

If the steer of the question is simply asking you to explain it, give a small profile of aquinas (1224-1274) and his ways using terminology such as posteriori, inductive, synthetic, God as the role of unmoved mover etc, rejection of infinite regress and appropriate analogies

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, right, ok thanks, do you have any advice on writing part B's?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure on the differences between ocr and aqa but say the question was how the cosmo proved god existed, embed parts of your question in your part B and counter argue (dont give all reasons in agreeing then reasons against, do swapsies) and remember dates and books/articles and MUST come to a conclusion, ie there are weaknesses as it's flawed etcetc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeilahDeere)
    Im not sure on the differences between ocr and aqa but say the question was how the cosmo proved god existed, embed parts of your question in your part B and counter argue (dont give all reasons in agreeing then reasons against, do swapsies) and remember dates and books/articles and MUST come to a conclusion, ie there are weaknesses as it's flawed etcetc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.