daviem
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, the AS philosophy exam is on Thursday an I'm not entirely sure how I'm supposed to the structure my answers. The only two philosophy and ethics teachers at my school have been ill for the past month or so and my school isn't finding a replacement. If anyone could offer me any help I would appreciate it so much.
Thanks.
yesyesyesno
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
are you with WJEC??
Hunnybeebee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im with aqa, quote me if so

Posted from TSR Mobile
daviem
Rep:
?
sorry forgot to put, I'm with OCR
Hunnybeebee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by daviem)
sorry forgot to put, I'm with OCR
Ah not so sure however so (judging from your other posts) say if it was a cosmological argument question, you can start with an intro of the cosmological argument ie: the cosmological argument attempts to prove the existence of God using our universe as a starting point. Additionally, it attempts to explain why we live in something rather than nothing.

If the steer of the question is simply asking you to explain it, give a small profile of aquinas (1224-1274) and his ways using terminology such as posteriori, inductive, synthetic, God as the role of unmoved mover etc, rejection of infinite regress and appropriate analogies

Posted from TSR Mobile
daviem
Rep:
?
(Original post by KeilahDeere)
Ah not so sure however so (judging from your other posts) say if it was a cosmological argument question, you can start with an intro of the cosmological argument ie: the cosmological argument attempts to prove the existence of God using our universe as a starting point. Additionally, it attempts to explain why we live in something rather than nothing.

If the steer of the question is simply asking you to explain it, give a small profile of aquinas (1224-1274) and his ways using terminology such as posteriori, inductive, synthetic, God as the role of unmoved mover etc, rejection of infinite regress and appropriate analogies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, right, ok thanks, do you have any advice on writing part B's?
Hunnybeebee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im not sure on the differences between ocr and aqa but say the question was how the cosmo proved god existed, embed parts of your question in your part B and counter argue (dont give all reasons in agreeing then reasons against, do swapsies) and remember dates and books/articles and MUST come to a conclusion, ie there are weaknesses as it's flawed etcetc

Posted from TSR Mobile
daviem
Rep:
?
(Original post by KeilahDeere)
Im not sure on the differences between ocr and aqa but say the question was how the cosmo proved god existed, embed parts of your question in your part B and counter argue (dont give all reasons in agreeing then reasons against, do swapsies) and remember dates and books/articles and MUST come to a conclusion, ie there are weaknesses as it's flawed etcetc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (58)
29%
No - I have already returned home (24)
12%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (45)
22.5%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (20)
10%
No - I live at home during term anyway (53)
26.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed