Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

do i have to apply for NHS bursary? Watch

    • Thread Starter

    I want to apply for Occupational Therapy in September and i have been reading around, people have been saying the money they get isnt enough. I will be living away from home and my parents wont be helping me as they have low income. Is it possible for me to apply for the normal student grant and loan instead of the NHS one?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

    Nope ,you have to go NHS bursary as they pay your tuition for you and if your eligible for NHS help even if you don't claim it then sfe won't give you more than a minimum loan. If you re parents are on under 20k ish you do actually get similar from NHS to what you could have got from sfe, sometimes even more so I wouldn't worry.
    I d believe the people struggling could potentially not be from low income background (although I could be wrong)
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.