Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamE98)
    hey. For the population 15 marker, what did people talk about? One of my friends said that he did migration within the same country, where as I talked about international migration. I'm not sure which one was right :/
    i didn't really use a case study, just briefly mentioned Poland and the UK and how this affects pyramid structure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I briefly mentioned channel characteristics at the end because the question mentioned the rivers long profile and valley or something, I made that mistake in my mock and wrote about characteristics rather than the valley
    It was about the long profile and the cross section profile of the river valley down stream hence the hydraulic raidus, wetted perimeter and the cross sectional area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannon56)
    It was about the long profile and the cross section profile of the river valley down stream hence the hydraulic raidus, wetted perimeter and the cross sectional area.
    I mentioned that, but stayed away from things like load quantity, channel roughness, sediment size etc

ReputationRep:
    I mentioned that, but stayed away from things like load quantity, channel roughness, sediment size etc
    Is this correct :

Long profile - I defined it then said in upper course = high altitude so there is rapid vertical incision do erosion (HA) Then talked about how the gradient became less steep as it cuts to base level and lateral erosion. I talked about rejuveation creating knick points and stuff

Then for cross section i mentioned, depth,width,roughness,wetted perimeter, cross sectional are, kinetic energy, aysmmetrical and The Bradshaw model to do with more discharge and a higher velocity downstream? Is this correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubwayLover1)
    Is this correct :

Long profile - I defined it then said in upper course = high altitude so there is rapid vertical incision do erosion (HA) Then talked about how the gradient became less steep as it cuts to base level and lateral erosion. I talked about rejuveation creating knick points and stuff

Then for cross section i mentioned, depth,width,roughness,wetted perimeter, cross sectional are, kinetic energy, aysmmetrical and The Bradshaw model to do with more discharge and a higher velocity downstream? Is this correct?
    Yeah that sounds bloody brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that sounds bloody brilliant!
    I am not confident about this exam at all

ReputationRep:
    I am not confident about this exam at all
    Same :/ I've averaged 26-27/30 during all the mocks on each section, I'll be lucky to get 20 in this exam. Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    Same :/ I've averaged 26-27/30 during all the mocks on each section, I'll be lucky to get 20 in this exam. Ugh.
    Same!!!
    The population 7 marker has killed me.

ReputationRep:
    Same!!!
    The population 7 marker has killed me.
    i know, tell me about it! What did you even write?

ReputationRep:
    I think I waffled.. But I used the migration of Slovakians into Russia and used the changing migration of population in Cornwall - More migration of elderly retire people.
    Population structure of a country i used England stages 4 going into 5, Aging population Eu migration from Ledcs increases economically active members and birth rate, affect Ledc gender imbalance males leave most skilled people, second part of the question balance between population and resource Malthus population n theory

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see any of these parts, did you do the Edexcel paper?
    No 15 mark essay for population

ReputationRep:
    Im so glad you talked about the same thing as me, I spent the paper spelling Exxonmobil wrong I also didn't think about the extent, I hated that question too.

ReputationRep:
    i know, tell me about it! What did you even write?
    try not to laugh

i started off by saying they could all fit into the DTM due to the universal concept and how the timescales are flexible blah blah blah.
    I then talked about how its only based on industrialising countries e.g that random country in the table would not ift,
    I then talked about the role of the UK government trying to increase the birth rate so it doesnt actually give a sense of development as its due to political reasons...

Then carrried on talking crap

ReputationRep:
    try not to laugh

i started off by saying they could all fit into the DTM due to the universal concept and how the timescales are flexible blah blah blah.
    I then talked about how its only based on industrialising countries e.g that random country in the table would not ift,
    I then talked about the role of the UK government trying to increase the birth rate so it doesnt actually give a sense of development as its due to political reasons...

oh no! I must have done it wrong because I only made reference to the figure it told you to?!

ReputationRep:
    oh no! I must have done it wrong because I only made reference to the figure it told you to?!
    No ! I did it completely wrong !!
    Didnt even read the question xD

ReputationRep:
    try not to laugh

wasnt the question something like 'explain the extent to which countries in figure 6 can be categorised using the dtm'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarnybxxx)
    No 15 mark essay for population
    Oh yeah, I remember now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No ! I did it completely wrong !!
    Didnt even read the question xD
    my answer sounds a lot worse than yours aahaha, I said something like buenos -forgot name- can be applied to the dtm because.... And then that India and the UK are anomalous because they contradict the dtm, this is shown by...

ReputationRep:
    I don't see many people here who did the cold environments question, which I assume is due to the fact that they have all thrown themselves under buses. 7 marks on the formation of moraine? What were AQA thinking?

ReputationRep:
    my answer sounds a lot worse than yours aahaha, I said something like buenos -forgot name- can be applied to the dtm because.... And then that India and the UK are anomalous because they contradict the dtm, this is shown by...
    Thats what you were supposed to do !

I just read it completely wrong

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.