Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, I am revising for the AS OCR Biology exams and wondering if anyone has a revision source (s) that cover virtually EVERYTHING that could come up. I have found the heinneman and cgp text book useful, but neither cover everything I've seen in exams. If you know anything that seemingly covers every possible question (content wise), pls share

ReputationRep:
    The ocr AS biology 1 book (green with a polar bear) is by far the best book to have. Heinmann is very limited and doesn't go much in depth. Absolutely worth the buy!
    Or a look around in libraries.

However, past papers is key, you can learn the content back ro front but if your exam skills aren't up to scratch it's hard to obtain those top grades.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeilahDeere)
    The ocr AS biology 1 book (green with a polar bear) is by far the best book to have. Heinmann is very limited and doesn't go much in depth. Absolutely worth the buy!
    Or a look around in libraries.

However, past papers is key, you can learn the content back ro front but if your exam skills aren't up to scratch it's hard to obtain those top grades.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you sure about that? It says it's written for the 2008 specification, which is outdated. I definitely agree on the pp's though, I plan on exhausting that resource completely. However I can't seem to find a good content book/resource, which makes doing PP's a lot more productive as you can spot gaps in knowledge.

ReputationRep:
    I tried to use because the chemistry version is really good but don't think it gave me the detail I really needed however it's dependent on everyone.
    I attached the picture of mine (revising it right now). I felt that the previous book tried to squash it in a double page spread. You may be in process where you're cracking the pp, at first I got d's in pp and the more I did the more wording and structuring of my answers formed
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeilahDeere)
    I tried to use because the chemistry version is really good but don't think it gave me the detail I really needed however it's dependent on everyone.
    I attached the picture of mine (revising it right now). I felt that the previous book tried to squash it in a double page spread. You may be in process where you're cracking the pp, at first I got d's in pp and the more I did the more wording and structuring of my answers formed
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know which book it is, I'm just saying you realize it's written for the old specification, so you're potentially learning extra content and missing out new stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jshark97)
    I know which book it is, I'm just saying you realize it's written for the old specification, so you're potentially learning extra content and missing out new stuff?
    Oooh I see what you're saying, I mis read it haha! And yeah I've noticed that it does go over the top like I've never had to use 'pleural membranes' in any past paper but I've found it better to use than the other book when learning content

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.