Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Boyfriend going to Magaluf with Friends but determinded i don't need to worry Watch

ReputationRep:
    i need some advice i've been cheated on in the past.

my boyfriend is going magaluf this year, i'm his first proper girlfriend and he has always stated that he would never cheat on someone as its wrong. His holiday was booked before we got together and he said that if he wanted to sleep around and go there for girls he wouldn't of even started seeing me. Even though his words are reassuring i still worry. he's a heavy drinker but he always remembers what he done and what's he doing. After every conversation we have about it he always answers the same and gets upset that i struggle to fully trust him. Plus there's only 6 of them going and 2 are in relationships including my partner. His friends are lovely and know how close we are as well.

What do you lot think?? trust him?

ReputationRep:
    I recently got back from Amsterdam, few of the guys who have girlfriends took advantage of the red lights.

ReputationRep:
    i said to him he could have one of those hall passes for a week since it was booked before i came along (as much as i hated saying it) and he said no point in being together if thats what i think of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millymoo123)
    i need some advice i've been cheated on in the past.

my boyfriend is going magaluf this year, i'm his first proper girlfriend and he has always stated that he would never cheat on someone as its wrong. His holiday was booked before we got together and he said that if he wanted to sleep around and go there for girls he wouldn't of even started seeing me. Even though his words are reassuring i still worry. he's a heavy drinker but he always remembers what he done and what's he doing. After every conversation we have about it he always answers the same and gets upset that i struggle to fully trust him.

What do you lot think?? trust him?
    Let me ask this. Could you think straight after downing 3 litres of vodka??

ReputationRep:
    i cant manage to glass haha but i always no how to say no. he has never cheated ever before so

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever heard the expression rules are made to be broken? Obviously there's a chance he wont do anything (he could be a perfect gent the whole time he's away) but do you feel comfortable taking that chance is your real problem

ReputationRep:
    There is no point worrying, if he's gonna cheat he will cheat regardless of how much you worry. If he's that kind of guy and cheats, then you'll have a lucky escape.

I know it's easy to say don't worry but it's true - he is going, and if he cheats your worrying won't change that.

If I were you I'd plan some self-indulgent activities to spoil yourself and take your mind off it while he's away.

I am so glad I'm with a man and not a boy who would go to Shagaluf!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millymoo123)
    i said to him he could have one of those hall passes for a week since it was booked before i came along (as much as i hated saying it) and he said no point in being together if thats what i think of him
    Okay come on, you obviously said that without meaning it to gauge his reaction. It sounds like he was genuinely offended by the suggestion and wouldn't want to do that. So there's your answer - now stop playing games and just trust him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely trust him. I had the same happen to me, he had booked the holiday before meeting me. I couldn't do anything about it even if I wanted too. I trusted him and I let him know that it was Ok. If he really loves you, he won't do anything to lose you. When his gone, distract yourself so your not thinking about it all the time, and don't keep messaging him all the time when his gone either. let him know that you trust him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by science_geek45)
    Let me ask this. Could you think straight after downing 3 litres of vodka??
    Ridiculous argument. A lot of people get hammered regularly, some cheat some don't and never will.

If he cheats then yeah you can say he will be drunk, there'll be loads of opportunity but all that stuff is irrelevant - hell cheat if he wants to cheat. It's extremely simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quel.)
    You should definitely trust him. I had the same happen to me, he had booked the holiday before meeting me. I couldn't do anything about it even if I wanted too. I trusted him and I let him know that it was Ok. If he really loves you, he won't do anything to lose you. When his gone, distract yourself so your not thinking about it all the time, and don't keep messaging him all the time when his gone either. let him know that you trust him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah he knows i only worry because of my past he has never given me anything to not trust him. i told him not to call or eventhing but he's the one who wants to let me know he's ok everyday. plus he's planning things with me for when he gets back

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's going to Bulgaria with his mates too this year. Like you, I've been cheated on in the past, and it's my boyfriend's first proper relationship too. I'm not particularly bothered about it because I trust him. You should do the same because if your boyfriend truly loves you, he wouldn't cheat on you. So keep yourself preoccupied and have some time with your mates or something when he's on holiday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornygirl)
    Schrodinger's cat is a good guy. :creep:
    Yes he is

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry OP, it doesn't matter where he is, if he wants to cheat he will, if he doesn't want to cheat, he won't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm having the same issue, although he's going to Ibiza and it's not booked yet and he straight up told me he'll probably flirt with girls but nothing more.
    I can't help but think him saying that is to show he's not the type to keep anything from me, or if it's like a double-bluff kind of thing.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 12, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.