Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran_fran)
    Euthanasia? Blimey, that sounds a bit specific. How are you feeling about it?
    It's quite difficult to be honest, we get a statement like 'how does religious and ethical views make it difficult to decide euthanasia' or something... Then you have to mention the sanctity of life with like 3 academics, then quality of life with 3 academics, what modern utilitarians would say and like Bentham, then what situation ethics would say and like Fletcher, then euthryphro dilemma and divine command ethics. It's hard to make judgments on it! And we have to include so many quotes etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachbowen_1)
    It's quite difficult to be honest, we get a statement like 'how does religious and ethical views make it difficult to decide euthanasia' or something... Then you have to mention the sanctity of life with like 3 academics, then quality of life with 3 academics, what modern utilitarians would say and like Bentham, then what situation ethics would say and like Fletcher, then euthryphro dilemma and divine command ethics. It's hard to make judgments on it! And we have to include so many quotes etc
    Sounds like quite a grim topic. Did you choose it, or did the teacher make everyone do it? We've been forced to do Religious Experience.

Mind you, I'm looking at Near-Death Experiences! All about death....

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered how everyone else has learned/revised for investigations? We only started learning the stuff about a month ago and I feel massively unprepared

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joebush)
    Just wondered how everyone else has learned/revised for investigations? We only started learning the stuff about a month ago and I feel massively unprepared
    I'm just memorising my essay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nandosfood)
    I'm just memorising my essay

Same! I basically just answered different past paper questions four or five times - each time correcting what my teacher told me and making improvements. I now have a decent essay which i will start memorising from tomorrow and I can just tweak the specific wording in places to make sure I answer the exact question given for the real thing.
    (because the questions are all basically the same thing)

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing abortion and honestly have no idea what i'm doing. I missed most of the course due to illness and haven't even written an essay for it before so i'm slightly freaking out, plus i have 2 exams on monday so we'll see what happens! i'm dropping it next year so it's not the end of the world if i fail, or if i have to retake

ReputationRep:
    ditto! we're doing our paper on organ donation and i'm literally just planning on trying to memorize an essay that i've written, that hopefully I can edit to whatever the questions asks... not sure how successful that will be though

ReputationRep:
    Umm... can I just remind everyone that you are NOT allowed to talk about the exam until at least 24 hours after.

By talking about the exam you are only putting yourselves at a disadvantage. There are people who have yet to do the exam and may refer to this discussion and exploit it, therefore gaining a significant advantage -> advantage = higher grade boundaries.

This applies to all subjects.

It would be wise to delete your posts so that you don't give an advantage to those who haven't yet done the exam.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, advice?

I won't say how good/bad the exam is because Tow pointed out that we can't talk about it.

But you know where you put in what question you're doing and then if it's (a) or (b), I might have written (a) when it was actually (b) I can't remember!

Would I get 0 marks for that?

Please help I'm like dying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iBladerz)
    Guys, advice?

I won't say how good/bad the exam is because Tow pointed out that we can't talk about it.

But you know where you put in what question you're doing and then if it's (a) or (b), I might have written (a) when it was actually (b) I can't remember!

I was worrying about the same thing but I'm sure the examiner will realise and mark it for what it is, it would be evil of them to realise and just credit 0 marks

ReputationRep:
    I was worrying about the same thing but I'm sure the examiner will realise and mark it for what it is, it would be evil of them to realise and just credit 0 marks
    I'm crapping myself! Because I went into the exam like as confident as ever.

Honestly!! I would stress about every exam but I genuinely knew everything I needed to know and I know that, if I get marked for the other question, I should get around 80+ marks!! (I've practiced these questions in class)

Has anyone else experienced this in other exams/previous years and did it affect their results??

ReputationRep:
    Honestly!! I would stress about every exam but I genuinely knew everything I needed to know and I know that, if I get marked for the other question, I should get around 80+ marks!! (I've practiced these questions in class)
    I really wouldn't worry about that! Whoever marks it will be responsible for both the (a) and (b) parts of that particular question, and if you've mentioned (for example) the word "cosmological" throughout the essay, they'll know you're writing the cosmological argument question no matter whether or not you put (a) or (b)!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, advice?

I wouldn't worry about it - I did it like twice last year, in RS and English and got 100 UMS in both, so I doubt they care!

ReputationRep:
    For the Uni 2 Exam I'm doing the study of ethics, medical ethics and my topic is abortion. I'm a little confused about how the question is worded and what that means you have to write. I was told in class that it would either be a question that focused on religion, the concept of personhood or philosophy, yet looking at the past papers they seem to just be a mix of religion/ethical which the opportunity to add in philosophy where appropriate.
    Does this mean that you would pretty much include the same things in every essay just with a slightly different focusing depending on the wording of the question? Like instead of there being 3 essays to learn, there's actually only one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by restless5oul)
    For the Uni 2 Exam I'm doing the study of ethics, medical ethics and my topic is abortion. I'm a little confused about how the question is worded and what that means you have to write. I was told in class that it would either be a question that focused on religion, the concept of personhood or philosophy, yet looking at the past papers they seem to just be a mix of religion/ethical which the opportunity to add in philosophy where appropriate.
    Does this mean that you would pretty much include the same things in every essay just with a slightly different focusing depending on the wording of the question? Like instead of there being 3 essays to learn, there's actually only one?
    I think so! I'm doing Medical Ethics as well, and our teacher told us to pre-learn an essay (paragraphs on personhood, sanctity of life etc including specific info related to your topic) and just conclude each main section with words from the title. Basically just make a note to yourself if what you are talking about is a religious principle or an ethical principle (i.e. religious= sanctity of life, moral law, Kant etc/ ethical= quality of life etc) and then relate this back to the title. So if it says 'it's a mistake to reject religious principles in favour of ethical principles for guidance', then I'd just conclude each section with something like 'Therefore, I think that it is (/not) a mistake to reject religious principles ....... because (+ a sentence summing up what your views are)'.

I'm pretty sure the questions are pretty much the same every year, just make sure that you use the words in the title to get the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwhite14)
    I think so! I'm doing Medical Ethics as well, and our teacher told us to pre-learn an essay (paragraphs on personhood, sanctity of life etc including specific info related to your topic) and just conclude each main section with words from the title. Basically just make a note to yourself if what you are talking about is a religious principle or an ethical principle (i.e. religious= sanctity of life, moral law, Kant etc/ ethical= quality of life etc) and then relate this back to the title. So if it says 'it's a mistake to reject religious principles in favour of ethical principles for guidance', then I'd just conclude each section with something like 'Therefore, I think that it is (/not) a mistake to reject religious principles ....... because (+ a sentence summing up what your views are)'.

I'm pretty sure the questions are pretty much the same every year, just make sure that you use the words in the title to get the marks
    Thank you for clearing that up for me!!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, advice?

Did this in history IGCSE with edexcel last year. I was doing a question on the rise of hitler but I accidently crossed the box for something to do with the Italian revolution. came out with a D. ( wonder why.....)

Jk Banter!

No they realise that you made an error in crossing the box and they don't penalise you at all. You
    Literally put them at a 5 second inconvenience. That's it.So don't worry. Last year I did get my question properly marked and I came out with the A*in the end so you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    How was da tingz guis?!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, did anyone do the Islam (pillars) and New Testament John questions? If so, how did you find them?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.