Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, My name is Alex and I am very confused the last days.
    I have recently graduated from the University of Athens from the Math Department and now I am looking to continue to a postgraduate course in UK.
    The subject I want to study is Computer Science.
    After my application offers, I am in a big dilemma between 2 courses.

1. MSc Computer Science in the University of Birmingham (Conversion Course) http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgrad...rseOverviewTab

2. Msc in Information Technology (Software Systems) in the Heriot-Watt University http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/cs/pgcourses/itss.htm

Both programmes are very interesting and although I think Edinburgh is a nice city to study, I am thinking if the course of the University of Birmingham is better.

Please, if anyone has any information, it would be a great help to me.
    Thank you and sorry for the long post.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth_kospo)
    Hello, My name is Alex and I am very confused the last days.
    I have recently graduated from the University of Athens from the Math Department and now I am looking to continue to a postgraduate course in UK.
    The subject I want to study is Computer Science.
    After my application offers, I am in a big dilemma between 2 courses.

1. MSc Computer Science in the University of Birmingham (Conversion Course) http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgrad...rseOverviewTab

2. Msc in Information Technology (Software Systems) in the Heriot-Watt University http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/cs/pgcourses/itss.htm

Both programmes are very interesting and although I think Edinburgh is a nice city to study, I am thinking if the course of the University of Birmingham is better.

Please, if anyone has any information, it would be a great help to me.
    Thank you and sorry for the long post.
    Hi Darth_kospo,

Glad to hear you are thinking about Heriot-Watt and we have made your shortlist! I know you will be facing really difficult decisions over the next few months and if I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask me any questions here. Obviously I can only speak on behalf of Heriot-Watt and the City of Edinburgh but hopefully someone from Birmingham will get back to you also.

Heriot-Watt is a campus based university, and all of our academic buildings, accommodation and sports facilities are in a parkland campus 6 miles from the city centre. Buses are on campus every 5 minutes and it takes 30 minutes to get into the city centre so we are well connected. The campus itself feels relaxed and almost like its own student village. I know we are quite some distance from home but if you can make it over for a visit it is well worth it!

Hope this has helped and if you have any further questions about the university or the course just fire away!
    Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the quick response !

I am leaning towards Heriot-Watt University for many reasons.

The subjects appear more interesting and I like the city a lot !

On the other hand, Birmingham has also a very interesting campus and thats why I have this dilemma.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth_kospo)
    Thank you very much for the quick response !

I am leaning towards Heriot-Watt University for many reasons.

The subjects appear more interesting and I like the city a lot !

On the other hand, Birmingham has also a very interesting campus and thats why I have this dilemma.
    Big decisions I know... good luck and if you have any specific questions just let me know.

Keir

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.