Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, My name is Alex and I am very confused the last days.
    I have recently graduated from the University of Athens from the Math Department and now I am looking to continue to a postgraduate course in UK.
    The subject I want to study is Computer Science.
    After my application offers, I am in a big dilemma between 2 courses.

1. MSc Computer Science in the University of Birmingham (Conversion Course) http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgrad...rseOverviewTab

2. Msc in Information Technology (Software Systems) in the Heriot-Watt University http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/cs/pgcourses/itss.htm

Both programmes are very interesting and although I think Edinburgh is a nice city to study, I am thinking if the course of the University of Birmingham is better.

Please, if anyone has any information, it would be a great help to me.
    Thank you and sorry for the long post.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Darth_kospo)
    Hello, My name is Alex and I am very confused the last days.
    I have recently graduated from the University of Athens from the Math Department and now I am looking to continue to a postgraduate course in UK.
    The subject I want to study is Computer Science.
    After my application offers, I am in a big dilemma between 2 courses.

1. MSc Computer Science in the University of Birmingham (Conversion Course) http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/postgrad...rseOverviewTab

2. Msc in Information Technology (Software Systems) in the Heriot-Watt University http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/cs/pgcourses/itss.htm

Both programmes are very interesting and although I think Edinburgh is a nice city to study, I am thinking if the course of the University of Birmingham is better.

Please, if anyone has any information, it would be a great help to me.
    Thank you and sorry for the long post.
    Hi Darth_kospo,

Glad to hear you are thinking about Heriot-Watt and we have made your shortlist! I know you will be facing really difficult decisions over the next few months and if I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask me any questions here. Obviously I can only speak on behalf of Heriot-Watt and the City of Edinburgh but hopefully someone from Birmingham will get back to you also.

Heriot-Watt is a campus based university, and all of our academic buildings, accommodation and sports facilities are in a parkland campus 6 miles from the city centre. Buses are on campus every 5 minutes and it takes 30 minutes to get into the city centre so we are well connected. The campus itself feels relaxed and almost like its own student village. I know we are quite some distance from home but if you can make it over for a visit it is well worth it!

Hope this has helped and if you have any further questions about the university or the course just fire away!
    Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the quick response !

I am leaning towards Heriot-Watt University for many reasons.

The subjects appear more interesting and I like the city a lot !

On the other hand, Birmingham has also a very interesting campus and thats why I have this dilemma.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Darth_kospo)
    Thank you very much for the quick response !

I am leaning towards Heriot-Watt University for many reasons.

The subjects appear more interesting and I like the city a lot !

On the other hand, Birmingham has also a very interesting campus and thats why I have this dilemma.
    Big decisions I know... good luck and if you have any specific questions just let me know.

Keir

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.