Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Revising with children. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have two children 6 and 7, one has autism, epilepsy and learning difficulties too. And it's May Half-term coming-up, and I have an A-level exam exactly the day after May half-term holiday as well.

Anybody else have children and having to cope with revision? Half-tempted just to let them watch films all day, whilst I sit in the other room revising - but that wouldn't be fair on them.

Trying desperately to find activities I can enrol them on currently.

So any tips? How do other parents manage to revise?

ReputationRep:
    Are there any 'drop in' centres available at local primary schools? They're normally on for a few hours. You could give them to a relative to look after during your revision sessions too especially as half term is coming up and school clubs and drop im centres may be limited im availability

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't know of any 'drop in' centres nearby - and I've searched for these things for the last term-time holidays, as I wanted to revise desperately then too. Even asked a local advisory agency about what my options were - and they just suggested a childminder.

Only family I can use is my partner's family, mine live 200-miles away or have passed away. And all his family work full-time. I am going to ask them if they can look after my children on the Sunday, but they might be busy. My partner is working away too, which is really horrible timing, and won't come back till the Friday of the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    have you checked out the website netmums? its a really big website for child/family related matters. you might get better answers from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kefte)
    I don't know of any 'drop in' centres nearby - and I've searched for these things for the last term-time holidays, as I wanted to revise desperately then too. Even asked a local advisory agency about what my options were - and they just suggested a childminder.

Only family I can use is my partner's family, mine live 200-miles away or have passed away. And all his family work full-time. I am going to ask them if they can look after my children on the Sunday, but they might be busy. My partner is working away too, which is really horrible timing, and won't come back till the Friday of the holidays.
    I can see your frustration. I'd go with what the user above suggested about netmums for tips. Otherwise ask someone that you trust and sure they are to be safe with fully, but the best solution is to occupy them ie like you said a film, yes it may be unfair to you but it's a short amount of time. Nevertheless, I wish you all the best for your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.