Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have been accepted for a conditional offer to study MSc Computing (conversion course) at Imperial (£12,000 tuition fee). I have tried looking for scholarship or bursury from anywhere and couldn't find any. My household income is very low (Recieved EMA, Student Finance Bursury etc in my previous years of study)

Any ideas?

They used to have a scholarship for low earning households but they removed that this year and then in 2016/2017 they are going to have Student Finance Postgrad loans but it seems I have just been very unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing else this year apart from the Professional and Career Development Loan from Barclays or the Co-Op. However these are like traditional bank loans in that you'll be credit checked and can be turned down or loaned less than you apply for. Plus repayments begin the month after you graduate, whether you can afford them or not, and it's a maximum of £10,000.

You could ask to defer until the Student Finance Postgrad funding kicks in next year, but that will only be a maximum of £10,000 as well. Terms and conditions haven't been decided yet, but you could find that they are going to be a lot less favourable terms that undergrad SF loans.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.