Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel AS History Nationalism Exam Predictions Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AK_97)
    it is very likely that their will be a question on a key individual;
    Victor Emmanuel came up last year so is an unlikely return.
    Napoleon III is likely to come up also or at least be mention in your essay and may appear in the form of France.
    Cavour is also likely to come up.
    Garibaldi I would say is the most likely to appear as he hasn't appeared at all in a question for the past 5 exam papers.
    Thanks hopefully the church or Austria will NOT come up :/ are u feeling confident about toms exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missbubbley)
    Thanks hopefully the church or Austria will NOT come up :/ are u feeling confident about toms exam?
    I fell good for the Italy questions as hopefully garibaldi and the time period of 1850-70 comes up, sort of relying on luck and the question choice.
    I'm also doing germna unification and don't feel confident about the church also.
    Depends on luck of the choice in the questions really but I do feel say 7/10.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone think it went? I did Question 2 & 3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miacat)
    How did everyone think it went? I did Question 2 & 3
    I did questions 2 & 3 also and was extremely happy with the choice of questioning.
    For 2 i wrote about Piedmont's wrote in Victor Emmanuel and Cavour and their diplomacy such as through the 1850's and the 2nd war of italian independence.
    But as counter-points I talked about Garibaldi's March of 1000 and French support such as in the Plombieres Meeting and neutrality in the 1866 war.

for question 2 i wrote about the zollverien and economic policies that aided sucessful war against austria. As counterpoints i wrote about military reform and leadership and Bismarck's diplomacy i waging a war with austria which would emerge Prussia as the dominant state.

I think it went well as this was the history exam that I was most worried about =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AK_97)
    I did questions 2 & 3 also and was extremely happy with the choice of questioning. For 2 i wrote about Piedmont's wrote in Victor Emmanuel and Cavour and their diplomacy such as through the 1850's and the 2nd war of italian independence. But as counter-points I talked about Garibaldi's March of 1000 and French support such as in the Plombieres Meeting and neutrality in the 1866 war. for question 2 i wrote about the zollverien and economic policies that aided sucessful war against austria. As counterpoints i wrote about military reform and leadership and Bismarck's diplomacy i waging a war with austria which would emerge Prussia as the dominant state. I think it went well as this was the history exam that I was most worried about =)
    My response was very similar aha! For Zollverein, I put lack of Austria, the Prussian economic model and the communication it created through railways etc which were attached to Prussia. Against, I said the international situation allowing Prussia to dominate, Moltke and Roon creating an efficient army and the Prussian economy allowing them to buy more weapons and the breech loading needle gun for a better military force making them dominate.
    For Piedmont, I said the Piedmontese economic model, Piedmont reaching out to a foreign power which would be needed for unity and Piedmontese laws in majority of the states before unification became statute law. Against, I said Napoleon & Venetia, Garibaldi and the South, and the middle classes supporting unification in the period, when previously it was lacking.
    I did Italy second which I regret. My mind had drawn a blank and I'm pretty sure the middle classes isn't right. As soon as I left the exam hall I realised I should've talked about Piedmont and Rome for the question. Ah well, can't go back now

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.