Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niamhroisin)
    I thought it was super unfair giving us that QWC like come on, we've already done our ISA!

I put 1 & 2 for the alleles one but also got 40 for magnification, did I mess up? I was having a calculator issue at that point anyway which wasn't fun And the milk and bile question was awful ahhh. Anyway, I thought B3 was beautiful in comparison!
    I agree
    B3 was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than B2
    because there wasn’t much where you could lose a drastic number of marks on silly mistakes

ReputationRep:
    I am expecting the grade boundaries to be really high, about 46-49

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen199)
    apparently there was a question on meiosis or mitosis for one mark.. i don't remember this! scared i have accidentally missed a page out
    You didn't miss a page, there were only 8 questions, fossils was the last one, from what I know there was no meiosis or mitosis... Idk tbh I thought I had biology completely sorted was going to be my one and only A but it didn't even feel like Biology...
    And for ratio I put 3.15:1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbiemallett)
    What was the answer to the first question??
    Glycerol

ReputationRep:
    The question about milk and bile I put 'This is because Milk is an alkali.' Is that correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camerxn)
    I am expecting the grade boundaries to be really high, about 46-49
    Dunno if i agree ! check out how many people messed up on the magnification ques (suppose thats only one question but still )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsonec01)
    did everyone get 23 and 46 alleles or 1 and 2
    Yeah I got 1 and 2 too

ReputationRep:
    You know that question on the archaeopteryx, did you have to relate it to speciation or evolution and natural selection cos it was only 4 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeCoupland)
    The question about milk and bile I put 'This is because Milk is an alkali.' Is that correct?
    I thought it was because the enzymes work best at a low PH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas_99)
    You know that question on the archaeopteryx, did you have to relate it to speciation or evolution and natural selection cos it was only 4 marks
    I did the process of speciation and natural selection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen199)
    apparently there was a question on meiosis or mitosis for one mark.. i don't remember this! scared i have accidentally missed a page out
    It was in mitosis why is it genetically identical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoganF)
    I thought it was because the enzymes work best at a low PH
    Was their two questions cause I remember putting something similar? - I'm talking about the question asking why the pH still decreased when it was Milk and Water instead of Milk and Bile?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smingle)
    0.1mm (scale) = 4cm

4cm = 40mm

40/0.1 = 400

Anyone else get this for magnification?
    yh I did that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerzxcv1234569)
    what did you all do for the ratio question??/
    I'm fairly sure the answer is 3:1

You are meant to know that Homozygous + Homozygous expresses the dominant allele

Homozygous + Hetrozygous is a 1:1 ratio

And that a Hetrozygous + Hetrozyghous is a 3:1 ratio

I think this was in b3 but what did you guys put for what is in the blood?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwstudent)
    Same! Also threw in a sentence about Mutations too just incase :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwstudent)
    I think i kind of did both as well
    because i talked about variation and advantageous alleles and how it allows the individuals to compete better so they breed and pass on the advantageous allele to their offspring and basically talked about evolution which is the basics of speciation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleheron)
    I'm fairly sure the answer is 3:1

You are meant to know that Homozygous + Homozygous expresses the dominant allele

Homozygous + Hetrozygous is a 1:1 ratio

And that a Hetrozygous + Hetrozyghous is a 3:1 ratio

I think this was in b3 but what did you guys put for what is in the blood?
    I put Platelets and Water, but the correct answer is Platelets and Plasma, which is annoying cause I remembered as soon as it ended! Still got a mark though! :P

ReputationRep:
    Yes!!!! I thought it was me? But what I did was I looked to where 77 reached on the person and read from the same point but for person 2

ReputationRep:
    I put Platelets and Water, but the correct answer is Platelets and Plasma, which is annoying cause I remembered as soon as it ended! Still got a mark though! :P
    Are you sure its plasma as well?! That's what I put.

But I looked in CGP and it mentions things like hormones and antibodies (which are in the plasma)

ReputationRep:
    Was their two questions cause I remember putting something similar? - I'm talking about the question asking why the pH still decreased when it was Milk and Water instead of Milk and Bile?
    Yeah there was that question which was at the bottom of the page; I put because water is neutral PH

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.