Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rup1999)
    Given general opinions I would say for B2 : 39-41 /60 for A*
    B3: 46+ I reckon
    why so high for b3? i found it quite easy but still probably missed lots of marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoganF)
    It was in mitosis why is it genetically identical.
    omg whatttt where was this, what page/what question!!??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarlius)
    You didn't miss a page, there were only 8 questions, fossils was the last one, from what I know there was no meiosis or mitosis... Idk tbh I thought I had biology completely sorted was going to be my one and only A but it didn't even feel like Biology...
    And for ratio I put 3.15:1
    it felt more like geography tbh

ReputationRep:
    400 is the correct answer for the magnification question because you had to convert the first answer (40) back into mm! i completely forgot to do that, but apparently i could still get at least 1 mark for getting 40. as for the dominant/recessive question, it is apparently 1 and 2 because you need at least one dominant gene for polydactyly, but it is not possible to have a recessive gene disorder with only one recessive gene.

ReputationRep:
    There was a question which asked why the cells are genetically identical, that was the one everyone is on about with mitosis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellen199)
    why so high for b3? i found it quite easy but still probably missed lots of marks
    Same it wasn't exactly difficult but I know I dropped quite a few, so maybe low 40's then, I guess we'll never know. Although B2 was definitely more difficult than previous papers- so I'm quite confident on that being low

ReputationRep:
    46 isn't too bad, last year they had to get 48 marks for an A* on B3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gfa_)
    400 is the correct answer for the magnification question because you had to convert the first answer (40) back into mm! i completely forgot to do that, but apparently i could still get at least 1 mark for getting 40. as for the dominant/recessive question, it is apparently 1 and 2 because you need at least one dominant gene for polydactyly, but it is not possible to have a recessive gene disorder with only one recessive gene.
    They both seem to be the two questions ppl got mixed up on
    I put 40 so thats a relief to see mayb u can get 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas_99)
    You know that question on the archaeopteryx, did you have to relate it to speciation or evolution and natural selection cos it was only 4 marks
    i said about speciation and then when they are separated natural selection and how they wouldn't be able to produce fertile offspring so their different species

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beccamay677)
    There was a question which asked why the cells are genetically identical, that was the one everyone is on about with mitosis
    where in the paper was this!???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pheebsrj)
    I thought it was horrible! What about everyone else?
    I thought it was pretty difficult- so hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyas_99)
    I think i kind of did both as well
    because i talked about variation and advantageous alleles and how it allows the individuals to compete better so they breed and pass on the advantageous allele to their offspring and basically talked about evolution which is the basics of speciation
    The same of what I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyw24)
    i thought it was pretty difficult- and i'm in top set science
    hey i know you

ReputationRep:
    there was no way of working it out as it was something like 745 and 223 so i think the question meant it as in when u draw a genetic diagram and say the probability of it being something is 3:1
    unless it just wanted us to write the two numbers it gave with : in-between? haha
    I put down 745 and 223 for the 1 mark ratio sighs its wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    I screwed up the magnification,ratio and I wrote a lot for the 5mark question on excersise but im not sure if i was write with that hopefully i got atleast 3/5 on that.

Overall I think I got an A but I always do better than I think

Also mark scheme will be 40-46 for an A* im guessing
    I screwed up the magnification one too, I got 0.4 I multiplied it instead of divison & I just wrote 705:259 as the ratio, it never asked for a simplified ratio, so I just wrote it as it was.

ReputationRep:
    i said about speciation and then when they are separated natural selection and how they wouldn't be able to produce fertile offspring so their different species
    i talked about speciation and the process of it, then went on to talk about natural selection and how the advantageous characteristics for living in the new climate would be passed on, i then went on to draw the diagram for speciation in my spare time

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys use the 100m tape measure for on the 6mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TahmidGCSE)
    I put down 745 and 223 for the 1 mark ratio sighs its wrong?
    i put that down too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ccjk98)
    What did you guys use the 100m tape measure for on the 6mark?
    to measure the height of the plant, but im not too sure that if that is correct

ReputationRep:
    The question what plant use glucose for was fine.But what did you do for the Ivy Leaf hopothesis question

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.