Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Should I give up on her? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently seeing this girl, we were conversing fine when she said that she would call me tonight so I waited for her to call but she never did and left me hanging. I was baffled normally I call her first and at the beginning she called me but it just seems like she lied to me because she might not be interested anymore. I don't want to be the one that always initiates everything because that would make me seem needy, so what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    I would ask them if it was me, i'd just say are you still interested as I feel like I always initiate everything. If she says no then you don't need to waste your time anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reeeeyah)
    I would ask them if it was me, i'd just say are you still interested as I feel like I always initiate everything. If she says no then you don't need to waste your time anymore.

She said she cared about me and all that, but lately we've drifting apart I've only been seeing her for two months, so it might be a bit soon.

But I don't know I might have to call her, but I am falling in love with her so having to let her go would be pretty difficult.

:/

I know I am rambling on, but I am worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeTownsend)
    She said she cared about me and all that, but lately we've drifting apart I've only been seeing her for two months, so it might be a bit soon.

But I don't know I might have to call her, but I am falling in love with her so having to let her go would be pretty difficult.

She probably does care about you but maybe she isn't ready for a relationship or for the seriousness of it all?, if you're expressing your love for her or coming on a bit too strong she might be a bit like WOAH maybe that's what's making her become a little distant.

ReputationRep:
    She probably does care about you but maybe she isn't ready for a relationship or for the seriousness of it all?, if you're expressing your love for her or coming on a bit too strong she might be a bit like WOAH maybe that's what's making her become a little distant.

No she doesn't know that I love her yet, she never told me if she loves me or not neither?

She said she really cared about me and had strong feelings towards me but she also said that she wanted be friends for now, until we get to know each other better then we can move into a relationship, so you might be right maybe she want to take it slow.

ReputationRep:
    Do not take this terrible advice!! She doesn't call you once and you're asking if she's still interested? Very quick route to her thinking youre needy and obsessive.

Maybe she was busy. I don't always get time to call when I'd like to. I would kind of expect the person to see that and not think their day revolved around me calling them.

Get in touch yourself - it will be clear whether she wants to talk to you or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvaAdore)
    Do not take this terrible advice!! She doesn't call you once and you're asking if she's still interested? Very quick route to her thinking your needy and obsessive.

Maybe she was busy. I don't always get time to call when I'd like to. I would kind of expect the person to see that and not think their day revolved around each calling themselves.

Get in touch yourself - it will be clear whether she wants to talk to you or not.
    He said she had been more distant lately, not just the her not calling him thing.

ReputationRep:
    Do not take this terrible advice!! She doesn't call you once and you're asking if she's still interested? Very quick route to her thinking youre needy and obsessive.

Maybe she was busy. I don't always get time to call when I'd like to. I would kind of expect the person to see that and not think their day revolved around me calling them.

Yeah you're right, she might have been busy I might be over thinking this whole situation. I will call her and see what she says. I shouldn't be over thinking things like this it's not healthy.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently seeing this girl, we were conversing fine when she said that she would call me tonight so I waited for her to call but she never did and left me hanging. I was baffled normally I call her first and at the beginning she called me but it just seems like she lied to me because she might not be interested anymore. I don't want to be the one that always initiates everything because that would make me seem needy, so what do I do?
    No,no,no - don't ask her if she's still interested. Let her do some of the initiating for once! A relationship should not be one sided and if you've called her each time you're not going to know. Don't text and don't call her until she initiates. If she doesn't, then move on because she's not interested.

ReputationRep:
    He said she had been more distant lately, not just the her not calling him thing.
    That was the first thing you said to him - he didn't say she had been distant, he said she didn't initiate much. Maybe, again like me, she isn't mad on doing that. You are analysing way too much based on very little. Your advice is guaranteed to scare her away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackBlack)
    No,no,no - don't ask her if she's still interested. Let her do some of the initiating for once! A relationship should not be one sided and if you've called her each time you're not going to know. Don't text and don't call her until she initiates. If she doesn't, then move on because she's not interested.
    Thankyou!! Asking her if she's still interested makes you look whiny and clingy. I hope you didn't take that advice.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I hate the 'game' before a relationship haha. If it were me, I'd give her another day, maybe she's forgot etc? If she really does like you then she'll start the conversation with you, you know things aren't working when it's always you initiating things so wait and see what happens. If still nothing happens after a day or so then you initiate and you'll be able to tell how she's feeling about everything by how she responds.

ReputationRep:
    That was the first thing you said to him - he didn't say she had been distant, he said she didn't initiate much. Maybe, again like me, she isn't mad on doing that. You are analysing way too much based on very little. Your advice is guaranteed to scare her away.
    It seemed to me that he was saying at the start she would call him and initiate things but now he feels like he is always the one doing that. I'm not analysing too much at all, if you want to know if someone is still interested in you then you ask them??!? and if they are they you've got nothing to lose really.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!! Asking her if she's still interested makes you look whiny and clingy. I hope you didn't take that advice.
    So I should just call her and ask her why she didn't call me?

ReputationRep:
    Dont jump to conclusions that quickly. Something could have come up. Just ask her.

ReputationRep:
    It seemed to me that he was saying at the start she would call him and initiate things but now he feels like he is always the one doing that. I'm not analysing too much at all, if you want to know if someone is still interested in you then you ask them??!? and if they are they you've got nothing to lose really.
    You're a fool if you think that's the way to handle it

If this was me I'd think whoa this guy is clingy as hell. I didn't call because I have a life - maybe he should get one too.

ReputationRep:
    So I should just call her and ask her why she didn't call me?
    Let it go, don't interrogate her or you'll sound like a loser

If she doesn't call/text in a couple days, she probably isn't into you. You have nothing to lose at that point if you send a friendly hey how are you message - if she ignores then you have your answer

It's way too early to be badgering her about why she didn't call - not sexy son.

ReputationRep:
    You're a fool if you think that's the way to handle it

If this was me I'd think whoa this guy is clingy as hell. I didn't call because I have a life - maybe he should get one too.
    Why the **** are you being rude? calm down.

Seeing someone for 2 months is a lot different than going on a couple of dates with someone. If I had been seeing someone for 2 months and they said they were going to call me and didn't and started acting different i'd ask them why, it's pretty simple.

ReputationRep:
    Good advice if you want to be perceived as a weaker, desperate weirdo who can't handle a couple of days of no contact.

You're not "falling in love" with her ... you're infatuated as it stands.

This.

Don't, however, get in touch with her. You've laid all the cards out, she knows you like her ... so she likes you in the same way she'll contact you if you don't speak with her for a while.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=VotreAltesse;55706577]Good advice if you want to be perceived as a weaker, desperate weirdo who can't handle a couple of days of no contact.

Why do people play so many games? If he feels that way, which he clearly does then why not just ask her about it?! I don't know who you people have been dating or trying to date but what you just said is pretty ridiculous.

He's not just talking about the couple of days no contact, he is saying she told him she has strong feelings for him and how he seems to have to initiate everything now and she has became distant.

I don't mean to say to her "are you still interested in me?" Because that doesn't sound right but asking her if this isn't or isn't working out for her is a pretty simple question, one that I've been asked before and I in no way thought that guy was a weak desperate weirdo. It actually gave me the chance to be honest with him.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 12, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.