Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I just had my AS level Sociology exam and I used a fine liner throughout. However my friend just told me that we are not allowed to use them, because they do not show up on the computer when they have been scanned in. Although it is very black, and clear compared to how a biro would be probably, please can someone help me and say if they've ever done this and is it okay to do?

ReputationRep:
    I used a fineliner in all my GCSE exams and in my IB mock exams - I suppose it depends on the exam board (I had AQA for my GCSEs) but I'm sure it will all be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I think the reason they say not to use a fine liner is because it is more likely to smudge than a ballpoint and smudges would be illegible so would not show up on the computer, but if your writing was clear then it's all fine.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.