Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Won't date fellow work colleagues Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I was just wondering, but say if someone you like had a particularly bad series of past experiences going out with people at work and it not ending too well and this leading to them saying they won't do it again, does this necessarily rule out winning them over to a relationship anyway? I'm thinking of the "never say never" sort of attitude here.

Think me and them would make a good duo, just a bit annoyed at this (though it ain't exactly a 'No' but more of an obstacle to be overcome). I can sort of see where they're coming from, I'd probably seek to move store if a relationship ended and ended badly.

Any help, tips and words of advice you can give me, it'd be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Workplace relationships are never a good idea. They may seem it at the time but when it all goes south at least one if not both parties end up out of a job.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, depends on the person and how much resolve they have in the belief that work relationships are bad. Personally, I wouldn't mix business and personal life.

ReputationRep:
    Don't **** where you eat - end of

I met my bf through work. Wouldn't have done anything until after he got his new job. Is usually a recipe for disaster, but with our line of work it's a sackable offence

ReputationRep:
    Where do you work and what hours btw? Cos if you say ' part time at ASDA' or something he is definitely just palming you off, as no one gives that much of a **** when it comes to those kinds of jobs.

If it's a job possibly
    If it's a career don't do it

ReputationRep:
    Oh, heavens, I know what this is like! I've worked in multiple stores and every single store had at least one pair of "secret" relationships. Two of the places had them all going like rabbits! I guess familiarity breeds contentment, as I doubt these people would've made the time or effort for each other otherwise. Like you say, I've seen people move jobs because it ended badly. Obviously it's not always the case, and having said that I think a studied showed work was the top place people met their husbands/wives. Yeah, people say never but there's a long time between now and never xx

ReputationRep:
    Workplace relationships always end in chaos. Stick to photocopying your bum at office parties.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 12, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.