Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA AS German 14th May 2015 Watch

ReputationRep:
    general discussion before and after the exam

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone feeling about this exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel confident on the paper, the grade boundaries are just so ridiculous that's the biggest problem

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the 35 mark questions will be?

ReputationRep:
    (answering my own question ) I've looked at the past questions and I think it's quite likely that Sport und Fitness from Gesund Leben will come up as it doesn't seem to have done recently, the same with Mode from Kultur unserer Zeit, except for a weird question in Jan 2013 which was a mixture of Musik, Sport and Mode as far as I could make out.
    As for Medien, any of them really, and Familie und Verwandschaften probably Freundschaften but not really sure

ReputationRep:
    what are you doing for reading practise

ReputationRep:
    Try the website "Memrise"!!
    Brill for last min vocab on all topics

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any suggestions of the best way to revise in the final few hours before the exam, other than memrise?

ReputationRep:
    I'm writing key phrases down and desperately trying to learn them :/ you could do a past paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robert.w)
    Anyone got any suggestions of the best way to revise in the final few hours before the exam, other than memrise?
    Maybe read through old essays so you have ideas for the topics tomorrow? To be honest, I'm just watching German films haha

ReputationRep:
    what have people done in general for this exam? I feel very underprepared, but not sure what to do, planning essays but that it? also any predictions for the essay q? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm an A2 student resitting this exam tomorrow! I doubt they'll be an essay on music tomorrow because thats the one I did last year(but don't hold me to that!). To revise i'm doing a past paer and marking it, then just going over key vocab for the topics. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many words the 35 mark question should be? I know it says 200 but are we expected to write more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hh1998)
    Does anyone know how many words the 35 mark question should be? I know it says 200 but are we expected to write more?
    Make sure you write more, because the chances of anyone getting 35/35 in 200words are slim! Even if you're a native speaker!! So yes I would write more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellbaile)
    Make sure you write more, because the chances of anyone getting 35/35 in 200words are slim! Even if you're a native speaker!! So yes I would write more
    Ahh okay! so how many words would you write? Also does anyone know the average grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hh1998)
    Ahh okay! so how many words would you write? Also does anyone know the average grade boundaries?
    My teacher recommended around 300?

ReputationRep:
    We got told not to write over 250 words and the 220-230 is a perfect amount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJFB)
    We got told not to write over 250 words and the 220-230 is a perfect amount
    I don't think it matters if you write 300 if you've got time, you just want to have an introduction and conclusion, and 5 or more points all developed well don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellieee98)
    I don't think it matters if you write 300 if you've got time, you just want to have an introduction and conclusion, and 5 or more points all developed well don't you?
    Yeah I'm sure it would be fine!! I just struggle to even reach 200 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatimaaa)
    Does anybody know of any key phrases which may be useful to use in the essay in general? (For the intro, conclusion etc.)
    Nach eingehender Uberlegung bin ich zum gekommen dass - After thorough consideration I have come to the conclusion that

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.