Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdaasda123)
    the dry mass
    percentage one?

ReputationRep:
    the dry mass
    which bit? how to do it? I put heat it and then weigh on a balance. Not sure what else to say really

for mass I put that the different crops weigh different amounts and % is easier to compare

ReputationRep:
    what did you say for the potato question?
    I said you cut the tubers, dry the potato and weigh them on an electronic scald

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Lol, next year though this thread will be a gold mine for people who want to cheat on their mock.

Anyways, for the upland/lower land rice I put stuff about CO2 in the air : / and for the secchi dish I put stuff about another april reading being below the line - didn't put the word anomalous though.

Oh and here's to hoping that the second paper is more knowledge based instead of application of knowledge...
    I BSed my whole paper :'( i want an A*
    Make Du's For me guys :P

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys put for the dry mass?? i so badly wanted an A* too, and i'm so disaponited that at least half of everything i stuided wasn't on there, ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foreboding)
    I said you cut the tubers, dry the potato and weigh them on an electronic scald
    I shoold have actually said you cut the stems off. I think the potato is the tuber ...

ReputationRep:
    The whole test was literally "Suggest...Suggest...Suggest...S uggest"...

I mean, what the hell?

What would be the point in giving us such a paper that does not actually test our knowledge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annazhlln)
    what did you guys put for the dry mass?? i so badly wanted an A* too, and i'm so disaponited that at least half of everything i stuided wasn't on there, ahhhh
    Me too ugh I think I might get an A instead although I studied really hard for that exam.

ReputationRep:
    I liked this test was quite easy compared to the mocks. I went blank on the gentically modified bacteria tho, was it restricted and ligases and the plasmid stuff :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ainajay)
    I BSed my whole paper :'( i want an A*
    Make Du's For me guys :P
    I wanted an A* too! Aargh.

I mean, what the hell?
    What would be the point in giving us such a paper that does not actually test our knowledge?
    My thoughts exactly. :mad:

Hopefully it means that the second paper is more knowledge based. : /

ReputationRep:
    I BSed the dry mass questions , they were so hard.
    Did anyone write to get the dry mass you put in an oven? xP

For the lowland/upland I wrote less oxygen at higher altitudes and for the why the males reproductive should be cut I wrote they are more accessible.

What did you get for where carbohydrates are stored in fungi? I guessed chitin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweetwinkle786)
    I liked this test was quite easy compared to the mocks. I went blank on the gentically modified bacteria tho, was it restricted and ligases and the plasmid stuff :/
    I preferred the mock.

Yh, I think it was. At least that's what I put...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sweetwinkle786)
    Yeah it was about restriction enzyme to cut, ligase to stick and fermenter to grow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.o)
    I BSed the dry mass questions , they were so hard.
    Did anyone write to get the dry mass you put in an oven? xP

For the lowland/upland I wrote less oxygen at higher altitudes and for the why the males reproductive should be cut I wrote they are more accessible.

What did you get for where carbohydrates are stored in fungi? I guessed chitin
    Yay, finally someone else who wrote that! Heat all the way.

I wrote less CO2... Who knows...
    And I messed up the male system thing.

I put glycogen. : /

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.o)
    Yeah it was about restriction enzyme to cut, ligase to stick and fermenter to grow.
    damn i forgot fermenters. I took a wild guess, i literally learnt about this restricted stuff today with my friends. I think I should wave goodbye to my A* now
    Dreading the chem and physics mann

ReputationRep:

I mean, what the hell?

Same here! There didn't seem to be many straight-forward knowledge based questions, only application of knowledge and guesswork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    Yay, finally someone else who wrote that! Heat all the way.

I wrote less CO2... Who knows...
    And I messed up the male system thing.

I put glycogen. : /
    Woo finally someone else
    I think glycogen is right because a girl seemed way too confident when I asked her the answer lol XD

ReputationRep:

I mean, what the hell?

lol a guys from my school said the exact same
    there were 2 counting questions too:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    fungi store carbohydrates as glycogen and I'm pretty sure you don't need to measure fermentera in that 4 mark genetic modification question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.o)
    Woo finally someone else
    I think glycogen is right because a girl seemed way too confident when I asked her the answer lol XD
    damn it i put chitin too- didnt know anything about fungi apart form that word

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.