Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Election fallout continues - People's Republic of Brighton established Watch

ReputationRep:
    The truth is that the only "Republic" with any likelihood of emerging as the UK balkanises will be an Islamic one. Luton, Slough, Leicester, Birmingham or Bradford, which will be the first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    I think the People's Republic of Brighton is just a lighthearted joke :yy:
    NEVER!!! :fuhrer:

Only through independence can Brighton make its own laws, establish its own foreign policy and control its own borders.

Free movement between Brighton and England/Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland is destroying the Brightish culture. What was once a homogeneous nation is now a melting pot which includes conservatives and other right-wing loonatics that were brought over without the consent of the people. Why wasn't there a referendum on whether people from England can move freely into Brighton?

Brighton is the homeland of the Brights. These Brights are being made less numerous by the day thanks to mass immigration from England. Brights have been made a minority in their own homeland! How can anyone see this as anything other than genocide?

While in the UK the people of Brighton will be subject to a way of life imposed upon them by a unionist government that they didn't even vote for. How is this democratic?

Brighton is a net contributor to the UK. Brighton can succeed if it succeeds. Brighton can establish free trade agreements with other states when it becomes independent. If Monaco and Singapore can exist as city-states then so can Brighton.

It's time for the Brightish people to stand up and take back what is rightfully theirs. It's time for the people to see common sense and leave the UK once and for all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    I already made an argument.

That political compass is totally bogus. How could a libertarian like Ron Paul be only slightly more right-wing economically than Obama when Ron Paul doesn't even want a central bank?
    It's just ridiculous that Barack Obama was put high up in the 'authoritarian' box on that chart. The guy is so laid back, weeds grow on his chin. :teehee: So much bias.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)

Only through independence can Brighton make its own laws, establish its own foreign policy and control its own borders.

Free movement between Brighton and England/Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland is destroying the Brightish culture. What was once a homogeneous nation is now a melting pot which includes conservatives and other right-wing loonatics that were brought over without the consent of the people. Why wasn't there a referendum on whether people from England can move freely into Brighton?

Brighton is the homeland of the Brights. These Brights are being made less numerous by the day thanks to mass immigration from England. Brights have been made a minority in their own homeland! How can anyone see this as anything other than genocide?

While in the UK the people of Brighton will be subject to a way of life imposed upon them by a unionist government that they didn't even vote for. How is this democratic?

Brighton is a net contributor to the UK. Brighton can succeed if it succeeds. Brighton can establish free trade agreements with other states when it becomes independent. If Monaco and Singapore can exist as city-states then so can Brighton.

It's time for the Brightish people to stand up and take back what is rightfully theirs. It's time for the people to see common sense and leave the UK once and for all.
    I would like to see Brights having disproportionately more representation in Parliament. For example, there should be one MP for each clever person compared to every two dull people.

Another interesting thing is that Brights live by the sea. This usually leads to a healthy constitution and positive, cheery outlook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It's just ridiculous that Barack Obama was put high up in the 'authoritarian' box on that chart. The guy is so laid back, weeds grow on his chin. :teehee: So much bias.
    The guy did drugs when he was younger but so did George Bush junior. Doesn't really matter when they both stomped all over individual rights and due process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    Where will the People's Republic of Brighton stack up?

USSR -- 20 million
    China -- 65 million
    Vietnam -- 1 million
    North Korea -- 2 million
    Cambodia -- 2 million
    Eastern Europe -- 1 million
    Latin America -- 150,000
    Africa -- 1.7 million
    Afghanistan -- 1.5 million
    Communist movements, parties not in power -- 10,000

http://www.thecommentator.com/articl...communism_kill
    The US killed at least one million civilians in Vietnam and at least 1.5m in Cambodia and Laos - I wonder if those figures are included?

Presumably the 1m dead of E. Europe include the war dead? I assume Nazi Germany might have had something to do with that. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Brighton is the location of the TSR global headquarters complex. :clap2:

It is also the seat of Britain's one and only Green MP, the marvellous and completely genuine Caroline Lucas. :party2:

And now - with the help of a single Labour MP - it is the epicentre of a new breakaway nationalist movement for Brighton!
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/s...-brighton-hove

Amongst other things:

* Tories will be admitted to Brighton, but there will be efforts to help them learn the error of their ways.

* Emergency parcels will be despatched to Tory constituencies (that vast sea of blue in the map :sad:) to help good people who were trapped in them on election day and now can no longer escape.

* It will form the rump of a national come-back movement. Think Churchill, back against the wall, Battle of Britain, etc.

* There will be a new passport and national flag (fonts to be agreed) and compulsory sandal wearing, beach clothing, etc.

* The new People's Republic of Brighton and Hove will be totally relaxed about immigration, even from areas such as Croydon, Knightsbridge and Hastings. :yep:

Please do not over-react to this announcement. Remain calm. The Tory takeover will eventually fade. In the meantime, batten down for austerity. :sad:
    That map looks like East Germany

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    That map looks like East Germany
    Either way, it's a very sad situation. They are surrounded!

Actually, we may need to do airlifts into Brighton, just like they did for Berlin. So there are similarities.

ReputationRep:

Your powerful rhetoric has swayed me! :eek3:

Let's convince the others with the power of crystal healing!

ReputationRep:

Actually, we may need to do airlifts into Brighton, just like they did for Berlin. So there are similarities.
    Perhaps you could tame some seagulls and get them to carry supplies in?

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling worried right now - how will Choccywoccydoodah get their valuable chocolate products to the rest of the liberal minded nation, stuck as they are on the other side of the blue barrier?
    http://www.choccywoccydoodah.com/

Particularly the marshmallow pyramid cake.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you could tame some seagulls and get them to carry supplies in?
    I was assuming TSR have a staff member paid to do just that? You mean you don't have a seagull tamer? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I was assuming TSR have a staff member paid to do just that? You mean you don't have a seagull tamer? :confused:
    Hmm, I'll make a recommendation to the committee. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'll make a recommendation to the committee. :beard:
    I just assumed you would have one as standard.

Perhaps this will be the first big challenge for Amazon Delivery Drones.

ReputationRep:
    The US killed at least one million civilians in Vietnam and at least 1.5m in Cambodia and Laos - I wonder if those figures are included?

Presumably the 1m dead of E. Europe include the war dead? I assume Nazi Germany might have had something to do with that. :rolleyes:
    This is jaw-droppingly shameless stuff, even for a red (or is it green?). Maybe you could make a new thread debating whether communism has killed 100 million people or 98.5 million people.

I'm feeling worried right now - how will Choccywoccydoodah get their valuable chocolate products to the rest of the liberal minded nation, stuck as they are on the other side of the blue barrier?
    http://www.choccywoccydoodah.com/
    They have a branch in central London, I'm sure Islington dinner parties will be okay.

ReputationRep:

Sad for you mabey, Brighton is a cancer in a sea of blue

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could make a new thread debating whether communism has killed 100 million people or 98.5 million people.
    Or perhaps you've just taken this thread far too seriously.

ReputationRep:
    This is jaw-droppingly shameless stuff, even for a red (or is it green?). Maybe you could make a new thread debating whether communism has killed 100 million people or 98.5 million people.
    Don't be silly, no serious commentator doubts that Soviet and Chinese government policies under the Stalinist / Maoist systems killed tens of millions of people. My query was on the items on the list, clearly whoever wrote it was wearing some blinkers about the crimes of non-Soviet states such as the US.

Just to be clear, the final death toll of the entire Vietnam war period was around the 4m mark and at least half of those were killed by US military action or associated deaths, probably more.

Nazi Germany was responsible for many of the deaths in Soviet Russia often attributed to Stalin - for example, Stalin may have been foolhardy and cynical in the extreme in first murdering his officer corps and then making peace with Hitler, but the actual slaughter that followed Barbarossa was mainly German in origin, even if it is often placed at Stalin's door. The figure given for Soviet victims would be much lower if it only covers the Great Purge and the forced Soviet relocations.

There have been many other non-Communist genocides and mass killings over the last century as well, which also do not appear on the list.

ReputationRep:
    Or perhaps you've just taken this thread far too seriously.
    Communism might not be a successful ideology but it must have the best PR team in the world.

If you didn't notice I was using humour to make a serious point. The callous indifference that reds reserve for reminders of their ideology's death toll speaks volumes of course

ReputationRep:
    Communism might not be a successful ideology but it must have the best PR team in the world.

If you didn't notice I was using humour to make a serious point. The callous indifference that reds reserve for reminders of their ideology's death toll speaks volumes of course
    Yeah you've taken this thread too seriously. :laugh:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 14, 2015
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.