Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    what did you put for the question on how the scientists could make a conclusion without using the graph about the radiation leak from a nuclear power station

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavinthan)
    what did you put for the question on how the scientists could make a conclusion without using the graph about the radiation leak from a nuclear power station
    I said that they could analyse the DNA of butterflies close and further away from the Nuclear plant

ReputationRep:
    I put something about comparing the radiation levels to the mutations level to see if there was an correlation

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 800% as well, pretty sure that's right

ReputationRep:
    Probably some of the easiest 6 marks questions in any OCR paper ever

ReputationRep:
    Hope you all did well! Did my Biology 1, 2 & 3 last year along with Chemistry and Physics, higher. And managed to get a C

ReputationRep:
    harder than a lot of past papers but not too bad. Messed up on percentage increase and on 2dp but other than that it was okay. Reckon i'll get mid 40's. Hopefully enough for an A* if not a high A.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lukewarm 10000;55700233]
    (Original post by spaceman11)
    Was that the 6 marker? I spoke about how one baby could be a female and the others are males (because of the SRY gene) - which I really hope is correct[/QUO
    yup i wrote about the c baby being made from another sperm and egg
    not sure
    I wrote about it being a different sperm and egg and how that makes them genetically different because of the various different combinations of alleles that come from the parents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CornwallFlyer)
    I put something about comparing the radiation levels to the mutations level to see if there was an correlation
    yeah i put to measure the intensity of the radiation at various distances from the station and to investigate on other insects like flies and bees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnfoster99)
    I wrote 800% as well, pretty sure that's right
    I wrote 700 % but everyone else did 800 :/ I thing I overcomplicated it by taking the value of February away from April to get the increase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kadeem)
    For some reason I talked about excretion from animals
    I wrote about excretion too and the death and decomposition of plants and animals forming ammonia which is converted into nitrates by nitrifying bacteria :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I was really confident for this but just did okay. Made a few mistake. I'm going to make up for itmin the B4b5b6 and B7 exam.

For the question who do you agree with? Was it the boy because of genes passed to off spring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echo98)
    I wrote 700 % but everyone else did 800 :/ I thing I overcomplicated it by taking the value of February away from April to get the increase
    no don't worry you are right. it says percentage 'increase' so its just the increased amount's percentage that we need. so it's:
    160-20=140
    140/20=7
    7*100=700%
    WE ARE RIGHT NOTHING ELSE IS RIGHT FOR THIS QUESTION

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLongGame)
    I was really confident for this but just did okay. Made a few mistake. I'm going to make up for itmin the B4b5b6 and B7 exam.

For the question who do you agree with? Was it the boy because of genes passed to off spring.
    i put the boy as well. it might be wrong. dunno

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavinthan)
    no don't worry you are right. it says percentage 'increase' so its just the increased amount's percentage that we need. so it's:
    160-20=140
    140/20=7
    7*100=700%
    WE ARE RIGHT NOTHING ELSE IS RIGHT FOR THIS QUESTION
    I couldn't find anyone else that put 700% and I just thought I was being stupid it's quite reassuring that you got the same!

ReputationRep:

that's what I got

ReputationRep:

I put boy. One of my friends put the girl but I see it as if you got cancer on your arm due to exposure to ionising radiation, your child isn't going to get it too so for it to be passed on the damage would have to be done to the sex cells

ReputationRep:
    What on earth was that genes question about drugs in the body? Enzymes? Conversion? It stumped me completely

ReputationRep:
    For the concerns about testing the embryo I put
    It could cause a miscarriage
    It could harm the baby in the womb for example an infection
    You would have to decide if you should abort it if it had a disease

Should I get 3 marks for this or is the miscarriage the same as harming the baby in the womb
    Also is the abortion one even a concern?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h8skoooooool)
    What on earth was that genes question about drugs in the body? Enzymes? Conversion? It stumped me completely
    I talked about how genes code functional proteins (so enzymes), and the amount of enzymes they code would differ from person to person, reducing or increasing the impact of a drug on someone.

(Original post by Echo98)
    I couldn't find anyone else that put 700% and I just thought I was being stupid it's quite reassuring that you got the same!
    I got this too. Percentage increase by 100% is doubling it, so by that logic, it has to be 700%.
    (Original post by merlinthecat123)
    For the concerns about testing the embryo I putIt could cause a miscarriageIt could harm the baby in the womb for example an infectionYou would have to decide if you should abort it if it had a diseaseShould I get 3 marks for this or is the miscarriage the same as harming the baby in the wombAlso is the abortion one even a concern?

Not entirely sure, but I mentioned the first and the third points, but also said that if there was a false positive, the fetus would be terminated despite not actually having a disorder.

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.