The Student Room Group

How did people find the Edexcel B1 Paper?

So?

Scroll to see replies

Kinda of easy but I know I lost 2 marks on the mutalistic 6 mark question. Fingers crossed I still get an A*
The Hunington question was confusing at first, but I still think I got the entire section of it right.
I think I got 4/6 on both the 6 markers. What was the answer to the cystic fibrosis infertility in men question ? I think I messed up on that two marker. Otherwise pretty good I think it wasn't as bad as I thought at least 😩😭
Original post by Cerisse Hughes
I think I got 4/6 on both the 6 markers. What was the answer to the cystic fibrosis infertility in men question ? I think I messed up on that two marker. Otherwise pretty good I think it wasn't as bad as I thought at least 😩😭

omg cerisse hi its janvi LOL
Original post by SlyDrHeist
The Hunington question was confusing at first, but I still think I got the entire section of it right.

Yeah it was I put the wrong answers at first and had to go back and change it.. We're the answers dominant and HH ?
Original post by Rainbowhorror01
So?

I was actually surprised that the paper was easier than most years (except June 2013), hopefully the chemistry and physics test paper will be easy.
Yeah it was I put the wrong answers at first and had to go back and change it.. We're the answers dominant and HH ?

LOL I did the same thing! Yh the answers I eventually put was Dominant and HH.
Original post by J_student14
omg cerisse hi its janvi LOL

LOOOOOOOL I'm acc crying
LOOOOOOOL I'm acc crying

i love student room! also did you find the exam okay? i think it was a lot easier than the past papers which i presume means high grade boundaries :frown: but overall a pretty decent exam.

HOPE P1 IS THIS NICE AS WITH C1
hoping my C1 will go as well as my B1 went.
Did anyone else find the first 2 questions on section 1 hard? if so what did you put?
Original post by Tuned2000
Did anyone else find the first 2 questions on section 1 hard? if so what did you put?

I forgot what it was, could you remind me?
I forgot what it was, could you remind me?

we had to calculate the percentage decrease in smoking (the diagram was confusing) and suggest why smoking has decreased in the UK.
I think I got 4/6 on both the 6 markers. What was the answer to the cystic fibrosis infertility in men question ? I think I messed up on that two marker. Otherwise pretty good I think it wasn't as bad as I thought at least ������������

I said that the mucus would block the tubes that bring sperm to the testes
One of my friends said it would suffocate the sperm cells XD
This was a much nicer paper than previous years!

It seemed as though they weren't trying to over-complicate the questions because they generally seemed quite straight forward. The 6 markers were very generous in my opinion, as it was basically just pure recollection of knowledge.

Hope it went well for you all! Let's hope the C1 & P1 papers are just as nice!
LOL I did the same thing! Yh the answers I eventually put was Dominant and HH.

I did this aswell XD Noticed in like the last 5 minutes
can someone put answers up to the questions they remember please. pretty good test lost a few marks tho
Reply 18
I thought the exam was pretty easy, only one of my friends talked about parasitic relationships instead of mutualistic ones on the 6 marker XD The only question I didn't really understand was that infertility one
I was so please with how that paper went! I couldn't remember a third mutualistic relationship but I said what one could be without giving examples of specific animals, if that makes sense? That and I put dendrites on the picture of the neurone and a few people told me it should have be dendron, but not sure. I also had to guess on the infertility one and say that the testes got blocked by mucus but the 6 markers were great! I loved the homeostasis section but the only thing was the 6 marker about blood glucose. I just put about the insulin and glucagon and what they do. Do you think that was enough?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending