Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I had the exams today...not entirely sure what I got right and wrong. Has anyone sussed out what the answers may have been?
    Also for the B2 paper what was the answer for how many copies of these alleles may be in a body cell or something like that?

Hope everyones went okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linarose99)
    So I had the exams today...not entirely sure what I got right and wrong. Has anyone sussed out what the answers may have been?
    Also for the B2 paper what was the answer for how many copies of these alleles may be in a body cell or something like that?

Hope everyones went okay
    i think i messed up on the B3 paper it seemed really staright forward but i think made loads of silly errors. Firstly was the egg quetion diffusion or osmosis the 5 mark question yh. Then what did you write for the 6 mark question and i just left the second maths question blank

ReputationRep:
    I feel awful about it, it seemed hard

ReputationRep:
    The question on fish gills didn't make sense!!! We haven't even done about fish! Apparently it was something to do with surface area relating back to root hair cells? Sad they didn't have more on Mitosis/miosis or Over fishing ;A;

Other than that, found it quite easy and finished with 10 minutes to spare! Very happy about the amount of 1 mark questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingbilalsaleem)
    i think i messed up on the B3 paper it seemed really staright forward but i think made loads of silly errors. Firstly was the egg quetion diffusion or osmosis the 5 mark question yh. Then what did you write for the 6 mark question and i just left the second maths question blank

SOme people didn't have the egg question and some people did- i think those who did their core last year had it and those we didn't (me included) had a question on fish gills.
    For the 6 mark question on B3 it was all that stuff about bowmans capsule and nephrons

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    for B2 the ones about the copies of the alleles:

Polydactyly is caused by a dominant allele, so only one needs to be present for it to show = 1
    Cystic Fib is caused by recessive = need to be homozygous recessive = 2

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    Egg question...?

ReputationRep:
    B2 6 mark question. What the hell was that? It was brutal. I did a rough mark of myself and got 52/60 on both papers so thats 100 UMS. Grade boundaries for these papers will be fairly similar to 2014 as it was hard. 45 for A*, 38 for A, 33 for B, 28 for C

ReputationRep:
    I'm really stressing now, I feel like i've done really awfully. Just read through B2 in my book and it seems like i've got so much wrong I thought biology would be one of the easier ones to get marks on but it seems i'm very wrong:B

ReputationRep:
    I feel ya, I've really messed up and I don't even think my answers are worthy of a C, I got an A on last years paper, a mock we did, so why was this one so much harder?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I found these two papers extremely easy with half an hour on each to spare. The alleles question went polydactyl: 1 and cystic fibrosis: 2 as only one allele is required for a dominant characteristic but 2 alleles needed for a recessive one

Poll
How are you feeling about your GCSE results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.