Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA Biology Unit 3 Tuesday 12th May 2015- *Official Thread* Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think it was a comparison, it said something like "In terms of the artificial heart valve, explain why the artificial heart valve is better than the human heart valve" as far as I can remember, don't quote me on that.
    (Original post by willclegg7)
    For the 6 mark question, was it about the advantages and disadvantages of artificial heart valves, or advantages and disadvantages comparison of living human heart valves and artificial heart valves? HELP ME OUT!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DustToDust)
    People doing further additional, opposed to standalone science GCSE's had the egg question instead of the lung question
    Omg. I got so worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryrwx)
    I think it was a comparison, it said something like "In terms of the artificial heart valve, explain why the artificial heart valve is better than the human heart valve" as far as I can remember, don't quote me on that.
    It was human heart valves vs. cow heart valves if I remember correctly (which I think I do as it was literally an hour and a half ago lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachJess4)
    What did everyone put for the question with the bell jar model of the human ventilation system? I was really stuck on why the 'diaphragm' flattening caused the balloons to inflate, I feel like I should know this but I was stumped!
    I put that it makes the volume of the bell jar increase or something so pressure decreases so air is drawn in )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basically everything was on which I didn't revise much of!

ReputationRep:
    Cow heart valves? I really hope you didn't say that on the paper! It was definitely human heart valves vs artificial heart valves.
    (Original post by RachJess4)
    It was human heart valves vs. cow heart valves if I remember correctly (which I think I do as it was literally an hour and a half ago lol)

ReputationRep:
    Why were there so many data questions? I hate those!

ReputationRep:
    It was definitely human heart valves vs artificial heart valves and most of the answer was basically on the paper lol

ReputationRep:
    It was definitely cow heart valves and human heart valves

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it gave you near enough all of the answers in the question, all you had to do was explain a little further. Very generous of them
    (Original post by TJ154)
    It was definitely human heart valves vs artificial heart valves and most of the answer was basically on the paper lol

ReputationRep:
    Cow heart valves? I really hope you didn't say that on the paper! It was definitely human heart valves vs artificial heart valves.
    Was the 6 marker to do with advantages and disdvantages of both the valves? Or just advantages and disadvantages of the artificial valve?

ReputationRep:
    It was a valve transplanted from a human vs an artificial heart transplant. Both of which are transplanted.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry double posted!

ReputationRep:
    You must have done seperate science b3 then, which is weird that they'd use the same question but change it a ltitle. Hmmm.
    (Original post by SDas17)

ReputationRep:
    Wait are you doing further additional or separate ones? Because mine literally said cow heart valves and I was like wth at the time but I went with it!
    ...Am I literally going crazy? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! AQA Biology unit 3 higher right? BL3HP?

ReputationRep:
    Since it said something like "In terms of the artificial...." I assumed the structure would be something like this...
    "Artificial heart valves are the best option as they have been in use since 1960, which means they have been tested and will work efficiently. Whereas, human heart valves have only been used for (i forgot how many) years."
    I just did 4 points with that structure, I hope its enough for six marks!
    (Original post by willclegg7)
    Was the 6 marker to do with advantages and disdvantages of both the valves? Or just advantages and disadvantages of the artificial valve?

ReputationRep:
    Yep yep we're fine, did you do B2 as well? You know for the recessive and dominant alleles and how many copies are needed what did you put? My friends got different answers to me and I'm freaking out :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DustToDust)
    People doing further additional, opposed to standalone science GCSE's had the egg question instead of the lung question
    Thank god, I was like.. what egg question?

ReputationRep:
    Yep yep we're fine, did you do B2 as well? You know for the recessive and dominant alleles and how many copies are needed what did you put? My friends got different answers to me and I'm freaking out :s
    I put 23 and 46, but I'm really not sure! (Also I think you might go to my school if your username is your name :P)

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.