Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryrwx)
    Since it said something like "In terms of the artificial...." I assumed the structure would be something like this...
    "Artificial heart valves are the best option as they have been in use since 1960, which means they have been tested and will work efficiently. Whereas, human heart valves have only been used for (i forgot how many) years."
    I just did 4 points with that structure, I hope its enough for six marks!
    Okay, I just did advantages and disadvantages for the artificial heart valve and backed up my points, I made points about 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages with a slight comparison in the shortl conclusion so hopefully that's enough for the 6 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachJess4)
    I put 23 and 46, but I'm really not sure! (Also I think you might go to my school if your username is your name :P)
    I KNOW WHO YOU ARE and oh well I got that wrong then

ReputationRep:
    iirc it asked for advantages and disadvantages of the artificial heart valve compared a human heart valve, so I compared every time I wrote an advantage/disadvantage

ReputationRep:
    That sounds like plenty for six marks, although I don't think you'd need to conclude as it only said to state the advantages and disadvantages and not to compare or what not.
    (Original post by willclegg7)
    Okay, I just did advantages and disadvantages for the artificial heart valve and backed up my points, I made points about 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages with a slight comparison in the shortl conclusion so hopefully that's enough for the 6 marks.

ReputationRep:
    What d'yall think the grade boundaries​ will be for unit 2 and unit 3?

ReputationRep:
    i get an extra 15 minutes on each exam, but after coming out of the exam i realized i only got my extra time for my first paper (b2), i know i can't demand to sit the extra 15 minutes for my b3 paper but is there something i can do?

ReputationRep:
    Wait what egg question?! Did I miss a question out?!
    There were 2 different exams. Both had most of the same questions however one question was different. I think it depended if you are doing separate or triple science. One question was on eggs but on the other paper it was on the diaphragm. I know it confused me too!

ReputationRep:
    I did bl3hp it was cows heart
    Exactly! AQA Biology un! if not then the examiner is going to think im a crazy ass girl!
    What did you put for the kidney urine thing xxit 3 higher right? BL3HP?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys put for the urine out of the kidneys?

ReputationRep:
    are you sure!! I did cow vs human valves!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I put 23 and 46, but I'm really not sure! (Also I think you might go to my school if your username is your name :P)

I wrote 1 and 2 :P

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the question with the bell jar model of the human ventilation system? I was really stuck on why the 'diaphragm' flattening caused the balloons to inflate, I feel like I should know this but I was stumped!
    I put that the diaphram moves down so the volume in the jar increases, which decreases the pressure to less than the atmospheric pressure so air is drawn into the jar! U3 was fine compared to that EVIL U2 paper though!

ReputationRep:
    :P SAME
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I wrote 1 and 2 :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hklsdflhks)
    yes same!!!! i'm really worried now

ReputationRep:
    fairly sure it was to compare the cow heart valves with the living human heart valves??? and it gave all the info in a table???

Like how for human you had to cut open the chest but for cow you just put it in blood vessel in the leg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hklsdflhks)
    I'm sure it said cow vs human too! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harryrwx)
    Cow heart valves? I really hope you didn't say that on the paper! It was definitely human heart valves vs artificial heart valves.
    No actually it was cow vlves or something like that DEFINTIELY NOT artificial

ReputationRep:
    Praying they're low...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willclegg7)
    it certainly wasn't 1960??? it was 12 years for human and since 2011 for cow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tue)
    No actually it was cow vlves or something like that DEFINTIELY NOT artificial
    yeah i'm fairly sure too? why would they do a mad trick question?

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.