The Student Room Group

AQA Biology Unit 3 Tuesday 12th May 2015- *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

They definitely didn't say artificial vs real valves.
I answered human heart valves vs cow valves!! uh oh please say thats right?
Reply 62
What was the first question?
Original post by DustToDust
People doing further additional, opposed to standalone science GCSE's had the egg question instead of the lung question

This is so comforting! I was so frightened! :biggrin:
Original post by willclegg7
Okay, I just did advantages and disadvantages for the artificial heart valve and backed up my points, I made points about 3 advantages and 3 disadvantages with a slight comparison in the shortl conclusion so hopefully that's enough for the 6 marks.

what exam did you do? why have you got different questions
Original post by neil20143
They definitely didn't say artificial vs real valves.

No they said compare the advantages and disadvantages of living human heart valves against cow heart valves
Did you do the paper about the egg??

Original post by willclegg7
For the 6 mark question, was it about the advantages and disadvantages of artificial heart valves, or advantages and disadvantages comparison of living human heart valves and artificial heart valves? HELP ME OUT!!!
Original post by smithy_1998
No they said compare the advantages and disadvantages of living human heart valves against cow heart valves

Exactly!
maybe people are trolling because im sure it was cow vs human not artificial (your not funny btw)
What did you guys for the question, on how oxygen goes into the bloodstream, did you mention haemoglobin, or did you talk about diffusion?
Look, I 100% guarantee that for the FURTHER ADDITIONAL SCIENCE B3 paper, the 6 mark qs was asking to give the advantages and disadvantages of the ARITIFICIAL heart valve compared to the LIVING HUMAN heart valve.
I didn't do the separate science paper so maybe the business about this cow valve was in there, or it's bs.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by isabellagrace
I found it a lot easier than B2!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

you can say that again
Original post by Daniel-A-123
What did you guys for the question, on how oxygen goes into the bloodstream, did you mention haemoglobin, or did you talk about diffusion?

i did diffusion through cell membrane in the alveoli
Reply 73
Original post by hklsdflhks
I answered human heart valves vs cow valves!! uh oh please say thats right?

yep that's right... well I did that...
Reply 74
He's right. It was DEFINITELY the human and artificial for the Further Additional B3 Higher Pape

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by hklsdflhks
i did diffusion through cell membrane in the alveoli

:banana2: yep I did too!
the question about the ivy leaves experiment I found the hardest in the whole thing. .....
Original post by Daniel-A-123

Diffusion
Reply 78
Original post by haz_918
diaphragm flattens>increased volume>decreased pressure>pressure differential>so air is drawn in

Exactly that:colondollar:
Original post by harryrwx
He's right. It was DEFINITELY the human and artificial for the Further Additional B3 Higher Pape

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank god! I'm just doing triple science not further additional

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending