The Student Room Group

GCSE French AQA 12th May

Who did this exam today? How did you find it?

I thought it was harder than the mocks I did so fingers crossed the grade boundaries are good!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Thinedivine
Who did this exam today? How did you find it?

I thought it was harder than the mocks I did so fingers crossed the grade boundaries are good!

The listening I found pretty hard, reading was quite easy in my opinion I think grade boundaries will be pretty low for listening because loads of my friends found it hard aswell but at least we can breathe now its done 😂
I found the listening easy but the reading made me want to cry so bad. What did she not miss about paris? I put people judging her and being away from family :/
I found them both hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImagineCats
I found the listening easy but the reading made me want to cry so bad. What did she not miss about paris? I put people judging her and being away from family :/

Yeah, I put that! I think it said something about people caring more about her success than her.
I didn't really like the game show one either, it was just so much harder than all the mocks for me!:frown:
Original post by gortz1o1
The listening I found pretty hard, reading was quite easy in my opinion I think grade boundaries will be pretty low for listening because loads of my friends found it hard aswell but at least we can breathe now its done 😂

Hopefully! I have Spanish on Friday:/ haha
I found the reading and listening both really hard... Although the reading was harder. Hoping the grade boundaries were low :frown: the last question and the game show question on the reading I guessed a lot aha
Yeah, I put that! I think it said something about people caring more about her success than her.
I didn't really like the game show one either, it was just so much harder than all the mocks for me!:frown:

Oh god me too- I had no idea what I was writing. Harder than any past paper I've ever done! But I really liked the listening? Maybe I got it all wrong...
Reply 8
I hated the listening exam but the reading went well. I made so many stupid mistakes in the listening. The grade boundaries better be low this year; I want to get an A! :redface:
do you think the grade boundaries will be low, prettu sure I did **** x
Reply 10
I found the second half of the listening pretty hard (first half wasn't too bad), but the reading was pretty ok.

The teachers who had supervised French listening said that they thought they it was difficult compared to recent years, so hopefully that's a good sign for lower grade boundaries...
Hopefully! I have Spanish on Friday:/ haha

Same here

The question about couples and serious relationships (the second last part of the game show question) got me stuck. Initially, I put '?', but then changed it to 'F'...

Also, the one about the girl going to Mali in the listening...

Of course, the last reading question drove me mad...
Reply 12
On the last question on the listening paper positive and negative. The first part about school meals, was it P or P/N because I thing they said the food was delicious but the pupils were noisy. I was thinking, people are noisy has nothing to do with the meal so I put P
Reply 13
Original post by SusamS
On the last question on the listening paper positive and negative. The first part about school meals, was it P or P/N because I thing they said the food was delicious but the pupils were noisy. I was thinking, people are noisy has nothing to do with the meal so I put P

I had P, then when I got to the end and saw there hadn't been any other P/Ns, so I changed it to P/N - everyone else in my French group did that as well, so hopefully it's right
in your listening exam did one of the answers glitch so you couldn't hear the rest of the answer - it was the one about how he friends act because his vegetarian?
Original post by SusamS

that's actually true I wrote P/N but you could be right
Original post by mcheeky10
in your listening exam did one of the answers glitch so you couldn't hear the rest of the answer - it was the one about how he friends act because his vegetarian?

I think it was A - they sometimes forget.
He said that they sometimes forget and give him meat, so he eats it to be polite (I think).
Original post by xx_lofsuburbia
I think it was A - they sometimes forget.
He said that they sometimes forget and give him meat, so he eats it to be polite (I think).

Julien is such a good vegetarian isn't he? Eating fish regularly and occasionally meat to be polite.

Also did anyone find it really annoying that the guy who bought loads of cigaretes had a lisp? I could not understand him at all!
Original post by Cookiemonster057
Julien is such a good vegetarian isn't he? Eating fish regularly and occasionally meat to be polite.

Also did anyone find it really annoying that the guy who bought loads of cigaretes had a lisp? I could not understand him at all!

Such a good vegetarian... As a vegetarian, that question irritated me.

I understood part of what he was saying, but got the stealing money part wrong...
(edited 8 years ago)
I didn't get the pollution ones where you had to fill in the sentences. I just put something that sounded right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending