Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowshock118)
    Yeah but global warming can't cause trees to be chopped down!
    Pretty sure that was for the acid rain one - I got floods for the first global warming one then for the second I guessed ice caps melting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #sarahsmith2)
    Pretty sure that was for the acid rain one - I got floods for the first global warming one then for the second I guessed ice caps melting
    Not sure acid rain causes deforestation either, I put destruction of tropical forests

(Original post by Shadowshock118)
    Not sure acid rain causes deforestation either, I put destruction of tropical forests
    Same I wrote the tropical rainforests will be destroyed. They should give me a mark for that, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by huzza)
    did anyone write forest fires?
    Me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I think:

A* - 25
    A - 22
    B - 19
    C - 16

So the same as June 2013 (which I found much easier)
    I agree- I found june 2013 a lot easier and I did it in year 10 when I probably didn't know as much French but still got a relatively high mark.

(Original post by Cookiemonster057)
    I agree- I found june 2013 a lot easier and I did it in year 10 when I probably didn't know as much French but still got a relatively high mark.
    Agreed! June 2013 was easier compared to the test that we did this year. Grade boundaries should be low!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I think:

A* - 25
    A - 22
    B - 19
    C - 16

So the same as June 2013 (which I found much easier)
    I hope so! We'll just have to wait and see - but they'll be low... we know that at least.

(Original post by AliWard)
    I hope so! We'll just have to wait and see - but they'll be low... we know that at least.
    A* shouldn't exceed 28 marks, it just shouldn't!

ReputationRep:
    I really hope those are the boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oni176)
    A* shouldn't exceed 28 marks, it just shouldn't!
    I would be hugely surprised if it exceeded 25 marks! But, we'll have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusamS)
    On the last question on the listening paper positive and negative. The first part about school meals, was it P or P/N because I thing they said the food was delicious but the pupils were noisy. I was thinking, people are noisy has nothing to do with the meal so I put P
    i put P/N but when having a discussion with my teacher after she thinks it should be P :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloitsmee)
    Wycombe
    Woah pretty close then! Nice to find someone living in Bucks
    Our French teacher looked at the reading and said it was harder than other years by the way so we have hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megs_long)
    i put P/N but when having a discussion with my teacher after she thinks it should be P :/

I think it would be unfair to reject either of the two answers. I put P/N and I considered whether it should be P but then, knowing AQA, I thought I shouldn't over think it. Even the question about Paris was ambiguous as was the one about work experience where you had to judge whether it was useful or not. Please AQA stop doing this to us!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookiemonster057)
    I think it would be unfair to reject either of the two answers. I put P/N and I considered whether it should be P but then, knowing AQA, I thought I shouldn't over think it. Even the question about Paris was ambiguous as was the one about work experience where you had to judge whether it was useful or not. Please AQA stop doing this to us!!
    It really is stupid! AQA strike again... I personally thought that people being noisy should have nothing to do with the food but knowing aqa they probably have different ideas in mind...

ReputationRep:
    I know I did absolutely terrible on these exams, but I was expecting it as the papers have gotten harder every year. I just hope I can at least get a C.
    I basically guessed most of the listening exam, for one of the questions about divorce I put "Because she had too many bags", I don't think I was thinking properly at the time.

ReputationRep:
    What's the total amount of marks? I need a miracle on results day to pass the listening haha.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher said that she's making a letter of complaint- there were 10 A level questions in the listening. Also we were in a studio so it echoed..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anya584)
    My teacher said that she's making a letter of complaint- there were 10 A level questions in the listening. Also we were in a studio so it echoed..
    How did your teacher decide if it was an A-level question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anya584)
    A level standard? I realised they were hard but not that hard. If that really is the case then I'm quite chuffed with myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobbiBlue)
    How did your teacher decide if it was an A-level question?
    She's probably joking

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.