Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idirss123)
    What did you guys write for the energy lost in food chain and the grade boundaries are 23/60 for a C 27/60 for a B 34/60 for a A and 41/60 for a A*
    Those are definately not the garde boundaries last year was harder than this one and it was 50 for an A* so I doubt it will be a 41 for an A* might not even be an A tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allaboutscience)
    What was the answer to the calculation question about enery and food chains

I got 8% 😰😫
    What did everyone else get
    I got 92%. This is because the catapillar took 8% of the total energy from the tree. This means that there was a 92% decrease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*GLORYHUNTER)
    Yeah because there was 2 Hh which means they have the disease
    Its 75% because even the genotypes were HH Hh and Hh . If the offspring contained the faulty "H" gene they would have the disease, so it was 75%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malik Thomas)
    Its 75% because even the genotypes were HH Hh and Hh . If the offspring contained the faulty "H" gene they would have the disease, so it was 75%
    agreed

ReputationRep:
    Do you think If I put certain birds take the ticks off the buffalo instead of oxpecker bird I will get the mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekface98)
    You have to use logic for this its why it started with the word SUGEST !

The correct ansswer is something to do with the Vas Deferens not developing properly, i dont know how we were supposed to know that at GCSE..! I think that as the said 'Suggest' they want a sensible reason, i said that as they have both the alleles for the disease, they are missing the normal gene which could mean they are infertile.
    Now i have to focus on C1 for tomorrow, any ideas for what 6markers could appear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlOfMaidstone)
    The correct ansswer is something to do with the Vas Deferens not developing properly, i dont know how we were supposed to know that at GCSE..! I think that as the said 'Suggest' they want a sensible reason, i said that as they have both the alleles for the disease, they are missing the normal gene which could mean they are infertile.
    Now i have to focus on C1 for tomorrow, any ideas for what 6markers could appear?
    I think it could be disadvantages of biofuels and maybe early atmosphere, but maybe electrolysis may pop up again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123qwertyuio)
    Hey, what did you lot get for the question where we had to work out how much smoking had decreased from a graph? I got 23%, my friend said he got 10%, any ideas on what it was? And also do any of you know how many marks it was worth?
    I think the answer was 10 but they will probably accept 8-10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ltaylor10)
    Do you think If I put certain birds take the ticks off the buffalo instead of oxpecker bird I will get the mark?
    It has to be oxpeckers as thats what it states in the CGP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanii_ox)
    I think it is 92% because if you did the calculation you wouldv'e ended up with 8 and you take 8 from 100 which gives 92. I definantly failed that Q I put 80% I did it wrong :confused::eek::mad:
    Same lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D Candidate Joke)
    (Original post by Ltaylor10)
    (Original post by D Candidate Joke)
    If it makes anyone feel better, I accidentally wrote woodpeckers

The second six marker satisfied me, though

ReputationRep:
    For the question where it asked why people who smoke may find it hard to exercise, I wrote about tar and nicotine before writing about carbon monoxide and the red blood cells not being able to carry as much oxygen. Will I still get the marks or will the examiner take my first answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiead)
    For the question where it asked why people who smoke may find it hard to exercise, I wrote about tar and nicotine before writing about carbon monoxide and the red blood cells not being able to carry as much oxygen. Will I still get the marks or will the examiner take my first answer?
    Did you mention the fact that the carbon monoxide binds to the red blood cells containing Hemoglobin

ReputationRep:
    HELP! The second question was about why has the number of people smoking tobacco decreased, in where you had to give 2 reasons.

I wrote that many people would be aware of the bad effects it has on the body and the prices of the tobacco rising.

So will i get 2 full marks or one of the is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklyN)
    HELP! The second question was about why has the number of people smoking tobacco decreased, in where you had to give 2 reasons.

I wrote that many people would be aware of the bad effects it has on the body and the prices of the tobacco rising.

So will i get 2 full marks or one of the is wrong?
    Both Marks

ReputationRep:
    Did you mention the fact that the carbon monoxide binds to the red blood cells containing Hemoglobin
    Yeah, I just wrote about tar and nicotine before talking about carbon monoxide in my answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryKane28)
    Both Marks

Are you sure? Because, i didn't even include an example e.g as it might might cause cancer or something like that :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklyN)
    Are you sure? Because, i didn't even include an example e.g as it might might cause cancer or something like that :/
    No, no definitely 2 marks as according to my biology teacher the points possible would be:

Tobacco prices rising
    People more aware about the dangers
    The law is stricter on public smoking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiead)
    Yeah, I just wrote about tar and nicotine before talking about carbon monoxide in my answer
    I think as long as you didn't say that the nicotine and tar was the reason they found exercise hard and couldn't breathe properly you should get the marks

ReputationRep:
    I think as long as you didn't say that the nicotine and tar was the reason they found exercise hard and couldn't breathe properly you should get the marks
    By 'breathe' you mean respire right?

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.