Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryKane28)
    By 'breathe' you mean respire right?
    Yes my bad i was just making an example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malik Thomas)
    Yes my bad i was just making an example
    Oh alright and yeah you had to mention carbon monoxide for the marks in the answer

ReputationRep:
    Oh alright and yeah you had to mention carbon monoxide for the marks in the answer
    I feared the question "what is a drug" would come up

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that carbon monoxide would bind with the red blood cells, causing there to be less oxygen around the , so there would be difficulties in breathing.
    I did not talk about hemoglobin at all.

Will i still get full marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mayamiami)
    I wrote dendron
    I don't understand why it was a dendrite though (
    They wont accept dendron I'm positive unfortunately.
    Apparently dendron and dendrite is the same and you'll get a mark either way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklyN)
    I wrote that carbon monoxide would bind with the red blood cells, causing there to be less oxygen around the , so there would be difficulties in breathing.
    I did not talk about hemoglobin at all.

Will i still get full marks?
    One mark lost I'd say

ReputationRep:
    One mark lost I'd say
    Damn it :/

What about that bar for the pollution thing, what did you guys write? You had to describe the graph regarding the ph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj.repinec)
    Who thought that the test today was easy. I think it was the easiest paper I have done I knew the answer to every single question and the six mark question was in a past paper (the regulation of blood glucose). What did you think of the test?
    is it possible for edexcel to remove questions on the b1 gcse paper e.g the cf infertility one

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please upload a *rough unofficial mark scheme* for B1?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Phlox)
    If you mess up the names in the blood glucose concentration will you still get the marks
    no, that's what they're testing you on. you may get 1 or 2 -if you're lucky- depending on whether or not you showed an understanding of the process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malik Thomas)
    I think as long as you didn't say that the nicotine and tar was the reason they found exercise hard and couldn't breathe properly you should get the marks
    I said that by smoking their lungs become unhealthy, so they take less oxygen to muscles, meaning that the body has to work harder to get the amount of oxygen needed.
    I didnt say anything about carbon monoxide or haemoglobin though, would it still be right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idirss123)
    What did you guys write for the energy lost in food chain and the grade boundaries are 23/60 for a C 27/60 for a B 34/60 for a A and 41/60 for a A*
    41/60 ???!! Are you sure of this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EarlOfMaidstone)
    I said that by smoking their lungs become unhealthy, so they take less oxygen to muscles, meaning that the body has to work harder to get the amount of oxygen needed.
    I didnt say anything about carbon monoxide or haemoglobin though, would it still be right?
    i think you would need to say the red blood cells wont be able to give oxygen with the blood to respiring cells who need it during excersize

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatemah99)
    41/60 ???!! Are you sure of this??
    i think an a* is 53 or 54

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_Miss22)
    I think the paper was so easy, i'm so happy! but i got stuck on th emutualism because i didnt thoroughly revise that. i put
    Oxpecker removes dead skin cells from other animals
    Cleaner fish remove dead skin cells from bigger fish e.g shark
    Chemosynthetic bacteria makes sulphide compounds for tube worms

How many marks would this get me???
    I'm guessing about three - purely because i would think they would want you mention how the host benefits as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SparklyN)
    Can anyone please upload a *rough unofficial mark scheme* for B1?!
    You ask the questions you want to know the answers to, I'll try to tell you the answers from what I know people have said

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is a thread for the C1 exam tomorrow? Or does anyone want to give me tips about possible 6 markers?

ReputationRep:
    is it possible for edexcel to remove questions on the b1 gcse paper e.g the cf infertility one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idirss123)
    What did you guys write for the energy lost in food chain and the grade boundaries are 23/60 for a C 27/60 for a B 34/60 for a A and 41/60 for a A*
    How do you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fatemah99)
    no, that's what they're testing you on. you may get 1 or 2 -if you're lucky- depending on whether or not you showed an understanding of the process
    I got the process right, but mixed up the names of glucagon and glycagen. Roughly, how many marks will I get.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.