Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katniss1)
    Hi, what was the first question (like the question)?
    For the first question it was a percentage one, and I got 10% because 30-20=10 I think it's right, IDK I really don't

ReputationRep:
    Hi, what was the first question (like the question)?
    the first question i think was observing from the graph the percentage change in no. of tobacco womensmokers. got 9 but putting 10 would've been better but i saw 9 as more accurate

ReputationRep:
    I messed up the tobacco exercising one too Hope I still get 1 mark though, that was a hard one. Anyone else not write about haemoglobin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    I messed up the tobacco exercising one too Hope I still get 1 mark though, that was a hard one. Anyone else not write about haemoglobin?
    Yh! Stupidly I wrote about tar clogging up lungs, totally forgot about carbon monoxide!

ReputationRep:
    IT WAS A TRICK QUESTION!!
    For the punnet square Q, Edexcel were trying to trick us. Usually recessive alleles are the cause for diseases, but for the Huntington disease it was dominant alleles, and dominant can take over recessive.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THESTRESS)
    the first question i think was observing from the graph the percentage change in no. of tobacco womensmokers. got 9 but putting 10 would've been better but i saw 9 as more accurate
    Do you mean the 30% and 20% thing?

(Original post by amanii_ox)
    For the first question it was a percentage one, and I got 10% because 30-20=10 I think it's right, IDK I really don't
    That's what I thought! But then that person wrote "Question 1) Cigarettes/ tobacco/ smoking" so I thought there was another question before and got scared because I'd missed it out!

I think you got it right I divided 10 by 100 and wrote 0.01, oops.

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think the grade boundary for A* can be as low as 49/60, I think I might miss it by a mark/few marks

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the 30% and 20% thing?

That's what I thought! But then that person wrote "Question 1) Cigarettes/ tobacco/ smoking" so I thought there was another question before and got scared because I'd missed it out!

I think you got it right I divided 10 by 100 and wrote 0.01, oops.
    Oh well, I'm sure you're bound to get an A or a B at the lowest. I think everyone will do well. BTW I am in Y10 I did this exam early entry! xD

ReputationRep:
    IT WAS A TRICK QUESTION!!
    For the punnet square Q, Edexcel were trying to trick us. Usually recessive alleles are the cause for diseases, but for the Huntington disease it was dominant alleles, and dominant can take over recessive.
    I wrote 75%/1 in 4, it's supposed to be 3 in 4, right? Think I would still get a mark?

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, I'm sure you're bound to get an A or a B at the lowest. I think everyone will do well. BTW I am in Y10 I did this exam early entry! xD
    How can you do it early entry? Unless you're doing double science? So core this year, additional next year?

ReputationRep:
    On the face of it the exam was eay but when you look back at the question they were actually quite difficult

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 75%/1 in 4, it's supposed to be 3 in 4, right? Think I would still get a mark?
    Unless you write 75% I think you will get the mark, but if you wrote both they will deduct the mark most likely because they are two different answers. If not the will just mark the first answer and exclude the last answer. But I can't really say if this is true, so I wish you the best of luck in achieving full marks for this Q.

ReputationRep:
    How can you do it early entry? Unless you're doing double science? So core this year, additional next year?
    Well my school makes the Triple Award class do all of Biology and Physics this year and then we focus on Chemistry alone next year for Y11:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _ariane29)
    I wrote about the haemoglobin, but other people say to get 2 marks you need to have that and "painful joints" which i really don;t understand...

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think the grade boundary for A* can be as low as 49/60, I think I might miss it by a mark/few marks
    on the face of it people thought it went really well, but there were a couple of tricky question, so its going to be interesting for results

ReputationRep:
    Well my school makes the Triple Award class do all of Biology and Physics this year and then we focus on Chemistry alone next year for Y11:cool:
    That's possible?! I have to do them all in Y11, all 9 exams Why bio and physics and chemistry for next year? Is it because they think chem is hardeR?

ReputationRep:
    I wrote about the haemoglobin, but other people say to get 2 marks you need to have that and "painful joints" which i really don;t understand...
    I wrote that carbon monoxide binds onto the red blood cells and cause it to carry less oxygen and more oxygen is needed in exercise.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure, my school just want us to get the hard ones like physics especially over and done with so we have less to worry about last year. Cuz tbh in Y10 there isn't much to do, so we try to get it all over with. I wonder how you cope with all 9! I wish you the best of luck!! x:goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    As someone who did core when I was 13, I can personally say it was not the best thing for me as im now resitting :-(

ReputationRep:
    I wrote dendron instead of dendrites, was that wrong?

Poll
Would you rather

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.